xisto Community
Sinister

What Do You Think About Cheaters/cheating

I agree with what everyone has said. Cheating and hacking simply ruin the game for other players who aren't cheating. I have heard that it can be fun and exciting to cheat and my advice to those people is to play against each other and compete to see who can make the most effective hack, but not to involve those who want a good honest game.Personally, I have recently gotten into game hacking. I'm teaming up with a group of other non-cheat players to hack different parts of the game that we play. Once we are able to get the different hacked codes, we will combine them into a program. This program will detect (when utilized) whether or not the values for a certain item (each hack edits a specific value for a specific purpose in the game) are being edited. This way, we can detect whether or not someone is in fact cheating. We hope to even take this a step further to perhaps make a program that will identify which player is fooling around with the game values. This program will lead to more effective cheater removal. If anyone has made such a program previously or might know something about it, please post a reply of PM me, your help will be greatly appreciated.

If you want to cheat in a single player game that you purchased... Go for it. It is your game, and you can play with it however you want to. Whatever gives you enjoyment.On-Line cheating is a whole different ball game. YOu are then robbing other honest people of their enjoyment of the game.That moves into a question of ethics. It is just ethically wrong to cheat in order to give yourself an advantage over everyone else that is playing the game. However.. it is a problem that will continue to persist in our society. Some people just do not folloe the rules. This pertains to ALL aspects of life... people have cheated in order to gain an unfair advantage over other people in every way that you can imagine. The business world (Just look at Martha Stewart... or Enron). And even in sports..(Steroids....)

I'm strongly against cheating online or in the real world. You're ruining the game for yourself and for others by not playing fair. And what's the fun if you can just breeze through a game? For example, in the Sims, if you constantly get the money cheat, what's the fun of playing when you can afford everything? Isn't the whole game about trying to get the family to succeed in life?

48589[/snapback]

I am also against hackin/cheating in online games cuz it obvioulsy gives you a really unfair advantage and takes the fun out of it for you and the ppl you are playing with but if u cheat in like a story mode or single player then its ok cuz ur not hurtin other people by it