xisto Community
magiccode9

Windows 7 - How Long The First Will Come

As Windows 7 was released on Oct-27 (Am I remebered correct ?)Most third-party applications should already ready and is designed for running it.It also include hacker that they are waiting for the first bug to appear on it.If, for example, this new OS could pass the first half of year from which it was released without any big security. I might building a plan for transfering my current Windows XP to it.So, I'am waiting ms security announcement list to see if it is includes any bugs for it or not.Good luck, W7:)

There will be critical security updates before the start of 2010, i assure you. In fairness, thats the way bugs get found, by being let free into the world for someone to discover. By accident or by design. The difference is with MS is that they take too long to patch it, dont patch it fully and since it is closed source only they can patch it, which means even if i know i have a glaring security hole all i can do until ms fix it is to wait...

Does any body feel just a little bit sorry for Microsoft????Seriously, what other manufactorer has to worry about thousands of people just lining up to see if they can destroy/screw up their new products every time they are released? Personally, I have never understood the mentality of people who send viruses and other malodies to the computers of total strangers. The greif and aggrivation of having your computer infected can be extremely annoying, even heart breaking if you have important pictures of friends and family on it that cannot be replaced and you loose them. Why would anybody want to harm a complete stranger? People are weird.

I dont feel sorry for them at all! If they didnt go around destroying small business, stealing copyrighted and patented materials and then paying $100,00 an hour lawyers (ok, that might not be true, but you get the idea) to get them out of trouble then they wouldnt be in this mess!And if they didnt charge ?200 for a disc!!! A bloody disc!!!!! My laptop cost that! Not to mention the price of office too!!And then the fact that half their software doesnt even work out of the box! (Take XP for example, a fresh install leaves on average 5-6 unknown devices, so that leaves me with no network, no USB, no SD card etc... Whack a linux live disk in, as soon as it boots everything works perfectly, so i then have to go and download microsoft updates using linux because their own operating system cant give me access to the internet via LAN! Jeez....Plus if they were more open source they wouldnt have these issues in the first place....

I think Windows7 was released on October 22, at least here in Europe. A lot of people liked Windows7 before it was released for most it worked much better than XP or Vista, so in fact I think that Windows7 is a a fixed Vista version which we waited for such a long time, I got hold of legal copy of Windows7 from my university giving me access to microsoft.com products, but they don't give Office suite for free, I wonder why :)But personally, I only started using Vista on SP1 and later I got SP2 and didn't have big issues using it, it worked well, even though it took a lot of resources, but as I am not a gamer and have 4 GB of RAM on Vista, it was enough for me and stable, sometimes explorer was restating as on XP, but half of thst might have been my problem for doing something :(I will change Vista to Windows7 on ~December 14, because currently I have a lot of things installed for university studies which I would be lazy to do again, so on December I'll get some holidays all the way until new year comes :D I only tried it on other people laptops and by using Virtual Box, but it's not the same I guess. :D

Vista is awful on my machine... Its a quadcore, 4gb RAM machine (with 1gb on the gfx card so the whole 4gb goes to the operating system, not to graphics) and it is so slow... My laptop with dual core CPU and 1gb RAM runs XP maybe twice to three times faster, i can basically open one or two things at a time on my gaming machine (vista one) its ridic. Win7 is on its way so i will see..... Other than that i might actually have to buy XP off ebay or something O.O

I got Windows 7 RTM from MSDN in September and I must say, it's awesome but it still has a lot of bugs, sometimes file associations fail, etc. Stuff that MS needs to fix.

what is it like in terms of resource management/usage? Ive read a lot suggesting it can run on a win XP grade machine (so presumably something like 2ghz CPU 1gb RAM and 40gb HDD?) Like i say i have a fast machine which is superb at running games, i usually spawn before anyone else so i get a few lucky grenades in XD But running Vista and doing "usual" things like browsing and opening/closing files and folders its terrible even though the specs, including the HDD, are good. Vista seems to idle at about 1.25GB RAM and somehow 20-30% CPU usage (how, i have no idea....) even with a lot of features like the enhanced GFX and file indexing off (as i dont really need them, it frees up resources for games :)) Im just hoping Wn7 will work a lot smoother and faster!