xisto Community
magiccode9

Google Voice

It seems that google will have some new product or service later.

I saw some elsewhere that it will announce Googe Vocie service.

At a first glance, it say it allowed integrated phone of home, office and mobile

in a number so anyone can use a sinlge number to go.

Because it service not released yet. So I can't test it out.

Also, my location might not support it all too.

Here is a short quote from its offical web page.

Google Voice is a service that gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail that is easy as email, and many enhanced calling features like call blocking and screening, voicemail transcripts, call conferencing, international calls, and more.

link: https://support.google.com/voice/?answer=142423

feature video: https://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

*edit*

The google service available on US only.

This looks like a pretty cool service. I was looking through the pages and it appears it is going to have some really nice features. I do not have multiple phones so that feature will not really mean much for me but, I am sure for many it will be extremely helpful. I did see that you are able to listen in to people as they leave you a message, just like you would at your house. This is nice because if say maybe you did not really want to talk to anyone but it's an emergency you'll know right away and be able to pick up the phone. Another helpful feature is the ability to record your phone call at anytime. Thus if you are trying to remember something you are being told such as a phone number, you will be able to record it rather than search for pen and paper. Could get someone in trouble if they make a promise over the phone and break it because there will now be proof.

Wow sounds like a neat project Google came up with this time. I don't have many phone numbers I need to bind to one number. But its worth a try. I like the record phone call function. I could use that to frame people and have evidence if they threaten me. hehe

So google are getting into Telco services now. Not a bad service, kind of relaying inbound messages to your devices through one number, but also using that same number to make outgoing calls to various destinations. Looks like it could save people money, i'd question how secure the service is first. Only available in the U.S at the moment so i can't get it.

Wikipedia gives a quick indication what its about - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)