xisto Community
novaforme

New Computer Case Check this thing out

Ok if any of you here are like me, you like to build computers. I have built several computers for people and loved doing every single one i built, i was looking for a new case to build my next personal computer in and i ran accross this monster from thermaltake. The Armor VA8000 Series, which can be found here http://www.thermaltake.com/home.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/xaserCase/armors/va8000bws.htm When I first saw this thing i was like wow but when i read what some of the features were i was like *beep* *beep* :D the sweetist part about it is the fact that you can get one in the soon to me standard BTX Form Factor, Let me know what you fellow computer nerds think.

oh my, sorry I'm putting this in here but I just got the coolest idea!do you see the photo for number 12 of the detailed features? The side panel lock... It looks exactly like a car key with remote controlled door locks.Now that is exactly what I want, a remote controlled power button.The case looks pretty good btw, I don't even want to hear its price... I always go for no-name brands and then hack them myself.

Those are nice, one of my friends takes regular cases and mods them up with plexiglass and LED lights and Im pretty sure one of them had an LCD panel........... Crazy stuff. You guys ever seen Xboxes with modded cases?? Some of them are gay but some are pretty badass.... Imma try to find the link since were on modded cases topic :D .Well i was gonna post a thread but had to edit because it seems trap1 has blocked links to other forums....... xbox-scene.com has some sweeet stuff.

yea i like modding cases too i just cut a windows im my server 4 days ago, but yea those modded xbox's are sweet but some of them can be gay like you said. i say one one time that had blue LED's in it and was cut out it was freakin sweet.

Ok if any of you here are like me, you like to build computers. I have built several computers for people and loved doing every single one i built, i was looking for a new case to build my next personal computer in and i ran accross this monster from thermaltake. The Armor VA8000 Series, which can be found here http://www.thermaltake.com/home.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/xaserCase/armors/va8000bws.htm  When I first saw this thing i was like wow but when i read what some of the  features were i was like *beep* *beep*  :P  the sweetist part about it is the fact that you can get one in the soon to me standard BTX Form Factor, Let me know what you fellow computer nerds think.

48350[/snapback]

Me, I don't used casing in my computer, I want to personalize everything, I'm just using 24"x48" solid wood, off course with very good looking design on it with the help of my brother, all parts can be seen outside, but there is a fiber glass that protect the parts including the power supply so no one can get harm and no parts, I put also 2 cooling fans at the top of the fiber protector to make sure that my pc run normally. Don't think that is very chip , I used 3.4Mhz processor 1024mb memory 128mb video card and 2 pcs of 80gb hardisk. At first I found it so hard to build cause all parts need the right place. but if you can see my computer you maybe laugh on me but this is a very high powered computers I've ever built. I am not saying that this is the best but I love to personalize my computers.

how about a "Casefancasefancasefancasefancase..."??? don't know what it is? if you think it's a computer case made entirely out of cooling fans, then you're correct! :D extreme mod to cool off that smoldering PC of yours. :D
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

just thought i'd add this link to this thread instead of creating a new thread. perhaps we can build a link directory of sorts for case mods we chance upon. :(

That is a thing of beauty! I have seen some like it though. You can now get water cooled cases for a couple hundred. ok maybe not a couple but around 300-400 dollars. I would love to build a computer but I have no customers yet.

Hello,

I have read all the above post on the moded cases and thopught of making my contribution

Some of you'll find some nice cases at the following link.

if that link doesnt work try going to the enclosure section from
http://www.antec.com/index.php?page=cookieSet

There are some cabinets from this site that you can use as a model to sculpt out the cabinet from wood

i personally like the grabit model. ( i have made one using it as a template, but to tell you the truth it sucked since i was not good at wood work. )

hmm... i actually think the armor case looks pt crud. its way over the top and to me, really dam ugly. i'm not too much a lover of led fans either, this thing would light the whole room up at night. i like leaving my pc on when i sleep, so you see what my problem is. if you're comparing looks alone i'd go with the antec nine hundred case, looks a whole lot better than the armor. its downfall is its very old style of screwing everything in place. no clicking all your hdds/dvd-roms in place as we're used to with most modern cases.my personal choice, well the case i'm going to use for my next computer is probably going to be an antec 180. its slick, the interior spacing is great and it gives an overall professional look. if not the 180, my next preference would have to go to the coolermaster cm stackers series. either of the two are nice, alot better than the armor series neway. i've always thought thermaltake to be pretty dodgy chassis manufacturers. don't ask me why, i just dont trust them. love they're cooling systems though, i have a silent tower myself; works a charm.i guess it all comes down to personal preference, i like my cases more simplistic and manageable. putting led fans and fluorescent lights takes it way overboard.. its a case, as long as the parts inside work diligently i couldn't care less how they were stored. although i do consider airflow and circulation.