xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Nvidia Geforce 8800

What a crappy card... :P

NVIDIA 8400 GS, eh? What happened with snagging the 8800? Was it not available?

One of the things that I would have personally done was to aim for a graphics card with at least 512MB of RAM and GDDR3 to future-proof myself... but then again, that's me, plus I don't know how much money you really wanted to spend. (I know that prices can be daunting when you have a budget nagging in the back of your brain...)

You're going to have to tell us how it performs, because Tom's Hardware doesn't even have it on their benchmark comparison list.

As far as that cheap shot at Ash-Bash goes, he may be a cocky one, but he's not idiotic, as far as I can tell. :P

Nah, you don't know him mate. He's such an ahole. :) (Xfire voicechat etc..:))

Anyway, thanks for your comment and support about it. Yeah, it was not available at the time I went to Coalville to buy it. :P Plus, If I take the risk of trying the Graphics card whilst the fan doesn't have a 4pin connector, it burns out then... - there goes my warrenty. It simply will not get get covered if it burns out, since I didn't take the notice of what the shop assistant said. But meh. It should be good enough. All I need now is an Internal PC Power Cable, 1 x 4 pin Molex 5.25" to 4 x 4 pin Molex 5.25" Connector. :)

Posted Image

The connector is only ?3.20. :)

Let's avoid talking about others. Thanks.As for the graphics card, if you want more juice out of it, i would suggest purchasing a better cooling system for it and just overclock it. I'm not sure if Nvidia has any overclocking tools like ATI (AMD) does, but you should be able to find something on how to do it. However, if you are not that confident at replacing the cooling system for the graphics card, then just forget what i said about overclocking. :P

Let's avoid talking about others. Thanks.

NEVER!! :P

As for the graphics card, if you want more juice out of it, i would suggest purchasing a better cooling system for it and just overclock it. I'm not sure if Nvidia has any overclocking tools like ATI (AMD) does, but you should be able to find something on how to do it. However, if you are not that confident at replacing the cooling system for the graphics card, then just forget what i said about overclocking. :P

Meh, I think what I have will do, though I just need one of these converters for my Graphics Cards fan.

As far as that cheap shot at Ash-Bash goes, he may be a cocky one, but he's not idiotic, as far as I can tell.

Good news to here lol.This card is a peace of crap, Is it something from the 1980's? Seriously dude you should have looked around the shop for a better card. Anyway good luck with installing the Graphics card I am sure there are tutorials on Youtube if you get stuck but its a simple process.