xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Upgrade To Ipb 3.0.x

Hello,Its just a bit strange why we have not upgraded to the newest version of Invision Power Board. It looks a lot better, A lot more features as well.Why don't we upgrade I mean what the forums will be down for 1-2 days while the upgrade is fully completed.Also if we do upgrade get a skin called "Clean-Cut" its a great skin and I am sure all the community will love it.

The Credit System specific to Xisto is not necessarily dynamic or fluid with IPB. Whether or not OpaQue has already upgraded to the latest IPB on his development server (assuming he has one) is beyond me, but the upgrade process is not as simple as with other websites. It may be a long while before we see any upgrade to IPB v3.

Also, Ash. IPS have messed some features up in IPB 3. It's not so good as IPB 2.3x is, and more complex. Skins, file edits etc, and the ACP is way different to IPB3, and way more confusing (Assuming you already know, since ITNeed was nulled from the first time you uploaded IPB on your Trappy hosting account. Don't deny it. :P). Theres a forth version to the third now. IPB 3.0.4. However, it still has no fixes with most of the softwares features. I think Trap is better off with IPB 2.3.6. :P

I am sure with a few tweeks he can get it working perfect IPB 3.0 I just think it would give the forum a better feel and start from fresh sort of feel.

I have no problems with IPB 2.x,but I have used IPB 3.x before and I am partial to it. If the Xisto administrators had a way to transfer the features we have here over to a 3.x board, that would be great. Too bad it sounds like that won't be possible, but we can still dream, right? :PYou would think it wouldn't bee too hard to convert the credit mod to IPB 3.x though.