xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mordent

Fedora Software Update Problem Local File Conflict Between Packages?

Hey guys!

Having a bit of an issue with updating Fedora lately. I've had it for a little while now, but updated around it rather than trying to sort it as I figured they'd be releasing a fix for it. The problem I get is below:

Test Transaction Errors: file /usr/share/man/man1/xmlcatalog.1.gz from install of libxml2-2.7.5-1.fc11.x86_64 conflicts with file from package libxml2-2.7.3-3.fc11.i586 file /usr/share/man/man1/xmllint.1.gz from install of libxml2-2.7.5-1.fc11.x86_64 conflicts with file from package libxml2-2.7.3-3.fc11.i586

Seems a bit strange as I don't think I should have the i586 version of the software installed (I'm running x86_64). Any suggestions as to how to get round this problem?

Cheers!

try installing the fedora again and hope to get the updates soonand also submit a ticket to linux or fedora they will guide you further

Fedora Software Update Problem - Local File Conflict Between Packages?Fedora Software Update Problem

Try this

#yum install utils

#yum clean all

#package-cleanup --cleandupes

#yum update

-reply by Mukesh sharma