xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phpphp

Little Nuclear Battries!

Penny Sized nuclear battery has ben demonstrated by researchers that produces energy from the decay of radioisotopes. As radioactive substances decay, they release charged particles that when properly harvested can create an electrical current .These barries were being used in Army weapons but in this size, it is first time demonstrating. The University of Missouri team says that the batteries hold a million times as much charge as standard batteries. The means to power such devices has been a subject of study as vigorous as the development of the devices themselves.
Dr Jae said, "People hear the word 'nuclear' and think of something very dangerous,"

However, nuclear power sources have already been safely powering a variety of devices, such as pacemakers, space satellites and underwater systems."

Notice from jlhaslip:
copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/Quote tags added. We treat Spam seriously here. Next occurrence will be a warning issued.

This sounds kind of interesting... I'm waiting for our batteries that run on air or something.A million times as much storage as a normal battery though? I find that quite hard to believe... That would make them extremely expensive because it would lower the demand for batteries and so the companies would need to charge more to break even or make a profit.

Interesting, obviously the size of the battery is what makes them safe. For instance using them as a source for energy in a car would be a very bad idea.I agree with rpgsearchez a million times the capacity of a normal battery seems very "hopeful", in practice it surely be a lower figure (from a safety standpoint). I wonder what would happen if a child set fire or hammered one of those batteries. You might come home after work to find your kid has suddenly grown horns or a third eye.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

You might come home after work to find your kid has suddenly grown horns or a third eye.

If your kid has been masturbating maybe that third eye will take up for the blind one, XD

And on a serious note, a lot of things claim to get "xx" effectiveness even though the end-products don't. And it's legal as long as they own ONE that can do whatever they claim it can do. For example, you can market laptops as lasting 5 hours even though they only last 3, as long as the display model you have really does last 5 hours.

So they can *claim* it holds 1 million times as much energy and it only hold 300x or whatever more (which I still think is way off) and it would be allowed.