xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Hurricane Season 2009 Is it dead or alive?

Tonight I was cruising around a few weather related sites and noticed so many people complaining of how the 2009 Atlantic Hurricane season was dead already. (runs from May 1st to Nov 30th) Yea we have only had 6 named storms this year. the NHC National Hurricane Center was calling for near normal storms. which is 10 or so. The peak of the season has just past Sept 16th, But we still have the rest of Sept Oct and Nov to go yet. How can they say that the season is dead. We are heading into a El Nino year which keeps hurricanes in the Atlantic low. We have not really had that kind of year in a while now. What scares me is that these people that say it is dead will get caught with there pants down so to speak. 2 and a half months to go still. a lot can happen. Myself? I believe in Oct we will have at least 3 named storms to form. All from the Caribbean or the Gulf of Mexico. The SSTs {water temps} are prime for it down there. but that is just my own feelings though. If any of you are into weather and things like this I am wondering of your thoughts about it. what you think of it all. I will have to admit it. it has been a rather strange season.

Tonight I was cruising around a few weather related sites and noticed so many people complaining of how the 2009 Atlantic Hurricane season was dead already. (runs from May 1st to Nov 30th) Yea we have only had 6 named storms this year. the NHC National Hurricane Center was calling for near normal storms. which is 10 or so. The peak of the season has just past Sept 16th, But we still have the rest of Sept Oct and Nov to go yet.
How can they say that the season is dead. We are heading into a El Nino year which keeps hurricanes in the Atlantic low. We have not really had that kind of year in a while now. What scares me is that these people that say it is dead will get caught with there pants down so to speak. 2 and a half months to go still. a lot can happen. Myself? I believe in Oct we will have at least 3 named storms to form. All from the Caribbean or the Gulf of Mexico. The SSTs {water temps} are prime for it down there. but that is just my own feelings though.

If any of you are into weather and things like this I am wondering of your thoughts about it. what you think of it all.
I will have to admit it. it has been a rather strange season.

yeah i agree with the season was so strange recently e.g in the morning very cold, in the noon it was soo hot,then when the clock goes to 5pm in the afternoon a very strong rain will come with a strong wind so this was alarming for us.. and we must all care about it.. the season is not died.. we can do something to prevent this some peoples here in the Philippines who doesn't have a strong immune system are having sick because of the weather 

i wish not some,not most, but all people will do something about it and move.. we must save the earth for our better future

In my region hurricanes are unknown of, but I know how devastating they can be. But I have to admit that the weather is acting strangely this year in my part of the world too. It's supposed to be the rainy season here but it's stifling hot during the entire day, and instead of getting cooped up within blankets at night, we are being forced to use an air cooler everyday! Strange indeed!

In my region hurricanes are unknown of, but I know how devastating they can be. But I have to admit that the weather is acting strangely this year in my part of the world too. It's supposed to be the rainy season here but it's stifling hot during the entire day, and instead of getting cooped up within blankets at night, we are being forced to use an air cooler everyday! Strange indeed!

Maybe not Global warming but Global Cooling. Starting to remind me of 1977 with that bad winter all over the world. And you do have hurricanes there, but known as Typhoons, or Topical Cyclones. and yes they have been low this year too.