xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

[request]game List For Linux Ubuntu list of games for ubuntu

Hi everyone? I have a concern about this please help mecan someone tell me what games either Lan or Wan?can i play in Linux ubuntu? and how?do i have to use some kind of emulator? sorry this noob question?im just new in linux and not that familiar into it?anyway can you put some tutorial for designing my desktop? :lol:

You can look in the "Add/Remove" section of Ubuntu, or the Synaptic Package manager. A lot of games in there aren't even playable, and they don't say that, some are really, really, really, old school. I downloaded a strategy game, it turned out to be in ASCII graphics. I experienced the ASCII game era, and I personally am not that nostalgic that I want to relive my game units looking lke 0's an X's , but there are some good ones. Glest, Warzone 2100 and Globulation 2, all RTS games are some of the more quality games I've found. Supertuxkart is a pretty well done Super mario kart style game. They're all free. g1-117 is a decent combat flight simulator. It's not excellent and it's pretty arcade-y, but it's got some relatively fun missions to complete.You can use WINE to play some windows only games,t hough I haven't had much luck with that. It's possible for sure, but often it takes work and googling. To get one game I had working, I had to manually edit the virtual registry and download things, and it never worked anyway.

You can look in the "Add/Remove" section of Ubuntu, or the Synaptic Package manager. A lot of games in there aren't even playable, and they don't say that, some are really, really, really, old school. I downloaded a strategy game, it turned out to be in ASCII graphics. I experienced the ASCII game era, and I personally am not that nostalgic that I want to relive my game units looking lke 0's an X's , but there are some good ones. Glest, Warzone 2100 and Globulation 2, all RTS games are some of the more quality games I've found. Supertuxkart is a pretty well done Super mario kart style game. They're all free. g1-117 is a decent combat flight simulator. It's not excellent and it's pretty arcade-y, but it's got some relatively fun missions to complete.
You can use WINE to play some windows only games,t hough I haven't had much luck with that. It's possible for sure, but often it takes work and googling. To get one game I had working, I had to manually edit the virtual registry and download things, and it never worked anyway.

thanks for the information dude i will try downloading the wine later and try to figure it out thanks again
anyway how do you edit virtual registry>?

i think you just type regedit or wine regedit in the console. then a registry window pops up that looks exactly like it does on windows and you can import stuff there to get a game working sometimes. sometimes a game will say something like "_____ Not found in the registry" then you'll know you need to copy it from windows. I'm not sure if installing a game on wine installs stuff into the registry automatically or not, I haven't used it much.

i think you just type regedit or wine regedit in the console. then a registry window pops up that looks exactly like it does on windows and you can import stuff there to get a game working sometimes. sometimes a game will say something like "_____ Not found in the registry" then you'll know you need to copy it from windows. I'm not sure if installing a game on wine installs stuff into the registry automatically or not, I haven't used it much.

thanks again i will try what you teach. are you a ubuntu user? or what?