xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Did You Read Dan Brown's New Book? The Lost Symbol.....how is it?

I just opened today's newspaper to read a story about Dan Brown's latest book The Lost Symbol.

Based on the report, sales of the book have been really strong, although there was nothing clearly mentioned about how good (or bad) the story was! All the report seemed to care about was the hype surrounding the sales figures of the book.

All this has made me curious about this new book. It is the third one to involve Robert Langdon (got the spelling right?) and based on what I've read in Wikipedia, the plot isn't all that interesting, but could make a good read on a long boring day.

So has someone read it yet? Could you please give me your (original) review here please? I always look for the people's reviews rather than newspaper/website reviews because they're honest :lol:

you've got to read it without too much expectations. :lol: much of the hype is marketing, so just appreciate it as a good read when you get to reading it. i'm going to start reading The Lost Symbol come monday. and despite the reviews already on print and online, i'm still going to enjoy it, the book being a conspiracy thriller novel of which i'm an avid genre reader. :( i don't even want to compare it to other works by Dan Brown on the Robert Langdon saga when i'm finished. each book would have it's appeal, and concurrent controversy follows it (although nary a shout of indignance from freemasons in this new one, apart from it being a tad shy short of brilliance as a follow-up to The DaVinci Code but coming from critics :(). as to the plot (as revealed in the wikipedia page linked) being not all that interesting, well... freemasonry is not that all interesting compared to the jesus and mary magdalene blood line. :P