xisto Community
-Sky-

Php/html Script For Website And Forums

Hey guys.I am looking for a simple little script that can grab some gaming news articles from my forum (forums[dot]central-gaming[dot]net) and have it automatically posted on our website. A script that can get articles from specific forum ids. Does any programming coder know of one?Thanks.

Which Forum software are you using? The Software Development team for the Forum might already have a Mod to do that.If you are using AEF Forum, I might be able to help you.

Which Forum software are you using? The Software Development team for the Forum might already have a Mod to do that.
If you are using AEF Forum, I might be able to help you.

Thanks for answering haslip.

I am using Invision Power Board version 2.3.6. (I don't like the 3.0 layout much so I am sticking to 2.3.6.

Does your Forum offer an RSS feed? There are scripts around that use the RSS feed to produce web site material. Check to see if there is a Mod for the Forum you use.

I am looking for a simple little script that can grab some gaming news articles from my forum (forums[dot]central-gaming[dot]net) and have it automatically posted on our website.

By "posted" do you mean something like a portal, in that you won't have to constantly keep the index page of your site updated with information, where posting in the forums does that for you? If so, i've never had IPB and have not searched for any portals that are compatible to it, but that is what you would be looking for. If not, then organizing your forum to fit a news section and using RSS feed for that part of the forum specifically and messing around with the RSS script would (should) do the trick.

No, I don't want a Portal or one of those CMSs like Joomla. I just need a little script to get the news articles directly from the Gaming news forum.