xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Who Pinned A Topic That Has Three Pages

and then CLOSED it? i just realized i am not the only one who thinks the moderators can have a bit more understanding to those who CREATE THIS FORUM. the moderators are good at suspending accounts of others that contribute usefull information even if someone does make a mistake and not quoting once in a while.and while the users have a problem with the moderators sometimes, the moderators are always right. NOT the users who contribute information at great lengths and who have the ability to KILL their jobs and this forum by not posting a thing.there is always a difference between a spammer and someone who is just lazy or doesn't even know how to quote or forgot it was in the termsi remember when i was suspended and banned from posting, it took a piece away from me. i remember how i acted too. very childesh and irresponsible...but it really HURT when the moderators could take such an action on me when i have always been a GREAT contributor.moderators will all stick together. in fact, that point is proven in my other thread in the vent recently. oit's never about the users. it's about the rules and the moderators who enforced them. when opaque started this forum, i don't think he envisioned perfection, but i do think he invisioned common sense from his moderator team. i think opaque should keep his moderator in check sometimes becasue i think some things can easily be forgoten and how a valuable place this can be for others to thrive. and it is for the most part....and i know it's really easy to blame the moderators when other people are making mistakes....even honest ones.what i don't think moderators realize is that this place can be a getaway. a home away from home. a place people can take pride in a little bit without being too cocky. so when the suspend good people, it takes a piece away from them that they felt about this place. i am being honest why moderators should not be so closed minded to other things that surround us and the balance these forums should create. but what does a peon like me among hundreds of active users think he is going to accomlish by writing something like this in here? well, just to keep certain people on their toes if they do in fact have a conscious and expect to sleep good at night.so a pinned topic that had some useful things and could have been added to. what happened? a moderator or admin closed the thread. what a waste of space when a moderator has the power to limit free speech in such an important thread. if it wasn't important, why the heck is it pinned?when i was banned, i felt like pleading my case to opaque because i still feel to this day that the moderators were wrong. they took something away from me and i myself almost left Xisto for good. i rolled with the punches and i wasn't the same for about 4 months. i was causing all sorts of crap because of what was done to me unfairly....but as true fusion will always stand by, "you broke the rules". he never really has anything productive or insightfull to say. except that rules are rules and they certainly aren't meant to be broken on Xisto. while saint michael would say that he is one to give warnings to correct the honest mistakes. at least i agree somewhat with THAT philosophy. give the users the benefit of the doubt.in FACT, i have been on trap with two accounts total in my past. i created this one after losing my account information...but have been around longer than most. i have seen rules broken and there seems to be different rules for different people. it's not about the punishment fitting the crime. it's about the moderators using their own discretion. one moderator may suspend an account, another may just issue warning until the mistakes are removed. that's like a male police officer letting a female speeder go because she was cute or made the police officer blush while flirting.if the users have rules to follow, should the moderators have rules to follow that sets a standard? Xisto has grown HUGE since i fisrt logged on. it's about time that admins take the bull by it's horns and set a standard followed by every moderator so there is no playing favorites and no punishing someone who talks back to you.with that said. i love this place. i just get pissed off sometimes and this place seems like the best place. i hope the moderators have a brain in their head to find the underlining meaning to my post here and not take too offense to it. i know they have a tough job(at least the ones with a conscious....some don't have that) and try to make this an even better place without taking something from someone that would be valuable to this forums survival.example. moderators opinions that if you've been here so long, you are not considered a new user. therefore the punishments are harder if one breaks the rules. it doesn't matter what rules were broken. what matters is that there will be a punishment. the users long standing reputation and contributions are never considered. they weren't for me. why is that? why can't honest mistakes be made without punishments?so when i read the pinned topic, it just reminded me of why i was banned. i was first warned with one post, then banned becaue there were two or three others that were honest mistakes AT THE SAME TIME PERIOD. so warning once does CRAP when someone continued to make a mistake BEFORE the original warning.there is an unfairness here where long standing users should have some leeway when they are averaging 2 posts a day. obviously, over time, EVERYONE makes mistake. isn't it better to give human beings the benifit of the doubt and ask why the mistakes were made in the first place and give them a chance to correct them without further punishment? new users should be given the same leeway because they arte new and sometimes don't know any better. i know for a FACT jhaslip has been a moderator that pretty much believe in the rules like true fusion, BUT, he is one to ALWAYS help out a new user as well. sometimes i wonder what kind of life he can have outside of trap...or maybe he toned his helping abilites down a little to have that life outside trap.in any case, there should be an idea that trap promotes. a way of life and a philosophy of dealing with mistakes that could be honest ones where the punishments could do more damage that the moderators realize at times.that's my vent and i am standing by it :lol:

I agree with you anwii! And that's a huge [bEEP]ing post! :(I fully agree on the point your trying to get out here, the moderators (except SM and Alex) take things way to harsh. Espessually truefusion. If you say something about/to him in the shoutbox for example as a joke, god knows how he'll act. He'll probably warn us. (Not to offend you in any way fusion, I am just stating an example. :P). To be honest, what if all us members turned on you all? Theres too many of us to ban. You'd probably only ban like 20 or so of us, whilst the other 5,000 or so is still going. Theres more of us, then there is the Moderation/Administration team.I don't blame you for taking actions on Forum newbies, but experienced and advanced members just for a little quote failure? Wtf!? It's just way too harsh. Sorry. :lol:

As the newest mod on the team, I think I am more like a member than any of the others. Therefore I think I should be one of the first to post and relive some of the tension that has been building up here.

Anwiii, You have been a part of our community for quite a long time. In fact, you joined around the same time I decided to start posting on Xisto again. (I took a rather long leave when I first started). I remember reading your rants on various things, and being thoroughly entertained. I consider you to be a friend and I am hurt that you have such negative feelings toward the team I am newly part of. You do make many good points. For one thing, the variety of punishments members can receive for breaking the rules. I think that is mostly my fault, and for that, I apologize. There are guidelines for us with suggested outcomes for different violations of the board rules, and I have been rather timid when disciplining members. I have been sending members PM's when the guidelines tell me to issue a warning, I have been issuing warnings when, according to the guidelines, I should be issuing a suspension. However, I can assure you that I am not "playing favorites". As you say, there are many different reasons that someone is breaking the rules. One member may be intentionally breaking the rules to get an unfair advantage, while others might just not be familiar with the rules. Because of this, it is not really possible to have a standard set of guidelines for specific rules. But rules are rules, and when you join Xisto, you are expected to have read them and follow them. Warnings are just that, they are a chance for a member to realize their fault and change their ways. Warnings are not a ban. Although they may sometimes come with a short posting suspension, you are still welcome to our community.

I appreciate your courage to come out and express your opinions against the moderating team. There may be others who feel the same way and are remaining quiet. Expressing your opinions openly is the best way to get things to change. I'm not saying anything will change, this is OpaQue's boards after all, and he has supreme jurisdiction over them, but nothing will happen unless you come out and say it.

It also hurts me that both of you have such strong feelings against TrueFusion. I consider him as a good friend as well (it might just be the secret penguin connection we have, but I like the guy). Now I'm going to go off-topic for a second, but I used to work in a place with a lot of gossip. All of my co-workers were gossiping about how my other co-workers did this or that, and how they are bad at this or that. And to be honest, I felt uncomfortable. I always was wondering what they were saying behind my back. When a new manager got there, she put a stop to all of that and started a new policy: If you have a problem with someone, tell it to their face. I feel this is a great policy to take with me and I would highly recommend it on these forums. If you don't like something that a moderator did on these forums let that moderator know. I highly doubt TrueFusion would get angry at you for expressing your opinions if you do it reasonably and politely. And hopefully we can get TrueFusion to post here and agree with that.

Now, as for the thread that you are talking about, I am assuming you are talking about this one?
Now I really don't want to start that debate up again. It's been closed because it turned into an all-out brawl between members and moderators, and if we're not careful and civilized, the same thing may happen here. You may ask why such a harsh punishment is given out for forgetting to quote something? It is because OpaQue is giving out money to members for posting because these forums pay for it. When you post original content on Xisto, it increases the amount of people visiting, which increases the amount of ad revenue for Xisto. When you post content that you have copied from somewhere else, that doesn't much help the forum pay for itself. Most people using a search engine would find the original website, not Xisto because it would most likely have more links pointing to it since it's been around longer. That is why we need to take plagiarism so seriously. For this forum to continue supplying members with free hosting it needs to be generating a revenue for Xisto. When you quote something, you don't get any myCent's for it, and Xisto doesn't get any revenue from it. It all seems rather fair to me.

I have been thinking how exactly I can wrap this post up. I'm not trying to take any sides, mainly because I don't really have just one single opinion on the matter. I agree that things could go a little smother here, but we do need rules, and we need to make sure members follow those rules or this forum will end. I hope both members and moderators read my post and take what I have said into consideration. Things aren't running perfectly around here, but with the amount of members we have I'm surprised this place isn't utter chaos. The moderators are doing an amazing job at keeping this forum going.

i wasn't trying to point out one specific moderator. i guess they all have their roles just as everyone handles things differently. i was however trying to point out an unfairness of common sense and understanding and how a suspension not only prohibits someone from posting, but punishes them in ways that can be avoided....just like you said. send out a pm. warn and guide until the newbies get it. if it was an honest mistake from a long standing member, give a benefit of the doubt. there are easy solutions to simple problems without creating negative nergy in the forms by banning people from what they enjoy doing. for some, YES...they may "forget to quote something just to earn credits. anyone caught doing this should have consequences. but who exactly are these people who ewill try and take advantage? is it people like me who has enough credits to last me two years or other people who have very few and want more?

if a moderator cannot have common sense and understanding to the problems out there and the easy solutions, sorry....they should not be a moderator. some people may be good people but not cut out to be a moderator.

as far as true fusion goes....we have a love hate relationship. i laugh to myself about it sometimes. sometimes i agree with him 100% when he can actually form his own opinion without poking holes in other peoples. sometimes i just hate how he responds to people sometimes without giving other peoples opinion credit. i am sorta like him in a way but he takes it to extremes. he reminds me of a family member we can just let loose on when you disagree.

what can be part of the solution? if it's a money or credit issue, delete the post and have the members mycents go in the negative. that's one solution without suspension. offer the opportunity to the member to edit his/her post. i think there are more honest and ignorant mistakes than people wanting to take advantage. we already have a good grasp on the spam out there. which is GOOD. also, being a moderator should be a responsibility to correct other people's mistakes. you have that power and should use it. why blame others when you have the ability to correct the problem AS a moderator.

the biggest problem i see with strict and swift punishments is you lower ones character and self worth in a way when suspending an account...especially if the user was more than willing to correct him/herself. it's like the user has no value here and what he/she does sin't worth jack. that should be the only reason for a suspension, right? instead, it's martial law around here with the powers to make a person feel bad as a human being. this was my original poiint. i am trying to state a point that may have not been understood in the past when people would complain. they complain because they are got hurt. they complain because they care. if they didn't get hurt or really care, you would never see them again with no words said.

i feel the pinned topic has valid points and i wanted to expand on it in a way that is honest and true. it would sure give trap a good reputation if the moderators and administrators could be team players and work with people instead of against them. suspensions should be a last resort knowing what a suspension can create and lower moral around here. and other people posting their opinions like i am doing now.

i am sure the mods have read this thread. i just hope it gets heard higher up. it's the ONLY thing i really see around here that poses a problem and yes...i like to speak out to possibly make this a better place by giving an uncommon viewpoint

i don't see this as a business per se. i don't even see this place as a typical forum, but a community. a place where people can be a part of. the worse thing other than my own unfair suspension was reading posts i couldn't respond to. i am very vocal at times and just killed me. i tried to remember the threads i read but forgot or just didn't care anymore because of my own bitterness that affected others in a negative way. all because i felt the moderators or admins could have taken a different approach to solve the problem.

As the newest mod on the team, I think I am more like a member than any of the others. Therefore I think I should be one of the first to post and relive some of the tension that has been building up here.
Anwiii, You have been a part of our community for quite a long time. In fact, you joined around the same time I decided to start posting on Xisto again. (I took a rather long leave when I first started). I remember reading your rants on various things, and being thoroughly entertained. I consider you to be a friend and I am hurt that you have such negative feelings toward the team I am newly part of. You do make many good points. For one thing, the variety of punishments members can receive for breaking the rules. I think that is mostly my fault, and for that, I apologize. There are guidelines for us with suggested outcomes for different violations of the board rules, and I have been rather timid when disciplining members. I have been sending members PM's when the guidelines tell me to issue a warning, I have been issuing warnings when, according to the guidelines, I should be issuing a suspension. However, I can assure you that I am not "playing favorites". As you say, there are many different reasons that someone is breaking the rules. One member may be intentionally breaking the rules to get an unfair advantage, while others might just not be familiar with the rules. Because of this, it is not really possible to have a standard set of guidelines for specific rules. But rules are rules, and when you join Xisto, you are expected to have read them and follow them. Warnings are just that, they are a chance for a member to realize their fault and change their ways. Warnings are not a ban. Although they may sometimes come with a short posting suspension, you are still welcome to our community.

I appreciate your courage to come out and express your opinions against the moderating team. There may be others who feel the same way and are remaining quiet. Expressing your opinions openly is the best way to get things to change. I'm not saying anything will change, this is OpaQue's boards after all, and he has supreme jurisdiction over them, but nothing will happen unless you come out and say it.

It also hurts me that both of you have such strong feelings against TrueFusion. I consider him as a good friend as well (it might just be the secret penguin connection we have, but I like the guy). Now I'm going to go off-topic for a second, but I used to work in a place with a lot of gossip. All of my co-workers were gossiping about how my other co-workers did this or that, and how they are bad at this or that. And to be honest, I felt uncomfortable. I always was wondering what they were saying behind my back. When a new manager got there, she put a stop to all of that and started a new policy: If you have a problem with someone, tell it to their face. I feel this is a great policy to take with me and I would highly recommend it on these forums. If you don't like something that a moderator did on these forums let that moderator know. I highly doubt TrueFusion would get angry at you for expressing your opinions if you do it reasonably and politely. And hopefully we can get TrueFusion to post here and agree with that.

Now, as for the thread that you are talking about, I am assuming you are talking about this one?
Now I really don't want to start that debate up again. It's been closed because it turned into an all-out brawl between members and moderators, and if we're not careful and civilized, the same thing may happen here. You may ask why such a harsh punishment is given out for forgetting to quote something? It is because OpaQue is giving out money to members for posting because these forums pay for it. When you post original content on Xisto, it increases the amount of people visiting, which increases the amount of ad revenue for Xisto. When you post content that you have copied from somewhere else, that doesn't much help the forum pay for itself. Most people using a search engine would find the original website, not Xisto because it would most likely have more links pointing to it since it's been around longer. That is why we need to take plagiarism so seriously. For this forum to continue supplying members with free hosting it needs to be generating a revenue for Xisto. When you quote something, you don't get any myCent's for it, and Xisto doesn't get any revenue from it. It all seems rather fair to me.

I have been thinking how exactly I can wrap this post up. I'm not trying to take any sides, mainly because I don't really have just one single opinion on the matter. I agree that things could go a little smother here, but we do need rules, and we need to make sure members follow those rules or this forum will end. I hope both members and moderators read my post and take what I have said into consideration. Things aren't running perfectly around here, but with the amount of members we have I'm surprised this place isn't utter chaos. The moderators are doing an amazing job at keeping this forum going.