xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Lava-styled Sig

Hey guys! I was really really bored when I made this so I accept all criticism.

This basic pieace of work I did in Photoshop CS4. It is a lava-magma textured/styled picture. Following instructions from Truefusion's Red Lava Effect Tutorial I came up with this art. :( (Not much to say about it, I know). But take a look. :lol:

Most of the credit indeed goes to Truefusion since he made the tutorial. I thank him for publishing this great and very helpful tutorial on his website! :P

post-67096-1252528708_thumb.gif

I thought that style seemed familiar, but i thought it was from a different tutorial when i first saw it. This work seems to work well for an avatar. Text is a bit hard to distinguish, though; maybe a drop shadow would work well here. Thanks for the linkback (if it can be called that).

I thought that style seemed familiar, but i thought it was from a different tutorial when i first saw it. This work seems to work well for an avatar. Text is a bit hard to distinguish, though; maybe a drop shadow would work well here. Thanks for the linkback (if it can be called that).

No, thank you for the tutorial being made public for me to read and follow it. :lol: For the Signature tutorial you made, I just couldn't figure out how to add lots of layers. Everytime I tried, the first when gets replaced with the second one, or deleted. :(

Any help would be appreciated mate. :P

No, thank you for the tutorial being made public for me to read and follow it. :lol: For the Signature tutorial you made, I just couldn't figure out how to add lots of layers. Everytime I tried, the first when gets replaced with the second one, or deleted. :(

Any help would be appreciated mate. :P

The last time i used Photoshop was a few years ago, back when CS2 was the current CS. I'm not sure if there are any new features when creating a new layer, but it shouldn't trigger any other actions. All i can recommend is perhaps try using keyboard shortcuts; i think the shortcut was Ctrl + Shift + N for a new layer.

The last time i used Photoshop was a few years ago, back when CS2 was the current CS. I'm not sure if there are any new features when creating a new layer, but it shouldn't trigger any other actions. All i can recommend is perhaps try using keyboard shortcuts; i think the shortcut was Ctrl + Shift + N for a new layer.

Alright. I've give it ago later perhaps. Thanks fusion! :lol:

Control + Shift + N is the default keyboard shortcut, and should work fine.

Good avatar, I agree that it may need some sort of drop shadow, and it may not fit certain forum's colour themes.

Thanks Tramp. Good thing I have all the PSDs including the PSD for my "Why so Serious" jokwe signature. :(

Red Alert; now your beginning to annoy me. Stop ripping my content you son of a you know what... :P:lol: