xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spudd

My Attempt At A Trap17 Banner.

This is pretty nice one . I think you may add a few sparkling stars somewhere more to attractiveness of the picture. Afterall its your talent showcase and there is no limit to the imagination and choice that you can create. Nevertheless you must concentrate on your originality, which I think you are lacking as the picture resemble me to a common thin in our culture here and I think it is a borrowed idea, so go ahead with the idea but maintain your originality.

Well I was just going for a stylish, clean banner to showcase the site, I didn't really think of it that way, but thanks for the advice. :lol:

I think your banner actually looks better than the original one... well, just different, that is, but I prefer yours... :lol:Well, yours is more modern, and you can tell that it has something related and something to do with computers, from both the background, the two font choices, AND from your colour choice, while you really can't tell what Xisto is about from the banner that it is currently using now...I mean, it's all classic and everything, but it can be selling classical chocolate and no one will be able to tell...Good work!!! :P

Haha, well thanks. The banner was intended to be more the kind of thing you would put on your signature on some other forum to lead people here, though, not to be like a banner for the site itself. For that, I think the current banner does its job. It's not real flashy, but it does match the forum's theme, and looks good there. If you think it looks that good, though, I'd be happy to take a shot at making one that matches the forum colors and the size of the current banner. :lol:

I think it's pretty good. I like the background, the font, and the position of Xisto. I'm not so sure about the free php web hosting, it kind of looks out place, but i'm not sure. It just seems to be in a weird position to me. It leaves that open space on the right side. I can't think of any better way to position it though so maybe I'm just looking for things to complain about :lol:What font is that anyway?

Haha, well thanks. The banner was intended to be more the kind of thing you would put on your signature on some other forum to lead people here, though, not to be like a banner for the site itself. For that, I think the current banner does its job. It's not real flashy, but it does match the forum's theme, and looks good there. If you think it looks that good, though, I'd be happy to take a shot at making one that matches the forum colors and the size of the current banner. :(

Yes, you can... I think you're talented at this. I'd like to see what you would come up with if you did actually gave a shot for that. :lol:
Cheers...

I think it's pretty good. I like the background, the font, and the position of Xisto. I'm not so sure about the free php web hosting, it kind of looks out place, but i'm not sure. It just seems to be in a weird position to me. It leaves that open space on the right side. I can't think of any better way to position it though so maybe I'm just looking for things to complain about :P
What font is that anyway?

Now that you've said it, it IS a bit weird... not Sub title of "Free PHP Web Hosting", only the "PHP" hosting part. Doesn't Xisto host like, everything in all different technical languages including Javascript and HTML and all that? Or maybe it's just me... I don't really exactly know what the terms mean so the term "PHP" might mean all that...

But it's actually quite good...

The font? I'm guessing it's Courier?

It's actually some font called "Batik Regular," it came with the computer. It has similarities to "Courier New," most of the letters are printed the same way, but there are differences, and the one I used comes with that aged effect. And I know Xisto hosts all kinds of web languages. To be honest, I don't know why I put "PHP Hosting," it seemed right at the time I guess. :lol: Anyhow, yeah, I'll take a shot at that... Later, when I have some time. I'll edit this post or make a new one depending if this gets another reply between now and then. :P