xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
novaforme

The Fedora Project Just for you linux Gurus

Ok i just downloaded the new fedora OS from the fedora website, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (I got the dvd edition cause i didnt feel like downloading and buring 4 disc.) and i want to know if anyone out here has used this or is planing on trying it. this is the first time i have used this OS and was just intrested to see if anyone eles has.

Gentoo's awesome man. Fastest distro on the net.I (being a newbie programmer at the time) started withthe precompiled package, but it still goes very fast.Hard to setup, but it's worth it.Fedora's ok from what I've heard, haven't triedit, but I think it's less popular than its predecessorRed Hat 7 because of several issues.

OK thanks, I want to try Gentoo but im not to sure about the install i watched a friend do it and i was like (huh?), im not a newb to the linux world but i still think ill have to do some hard reading before I try my penguin hand at it.

Indeed. Like I said, Linux Questions or Linux Forum are good palces.

Linux Forum has an IRC channel if you can't wait for support, also.

Thanks for the rep point Nova

I'm right now docked with SuSE and might advance to Gentoo, but the handbook is SO confusing, it's like installing UNIX (the old one)!I like Gentoo for it's customizability and I like SuSE for being the most easy "real" Linux distro and that it uses RPM, which is easy for me to install stuff.xboxrulz

I have gentoo for a some ime, and I don't want anything else. It is fast and stable, but if you are not sure about instaling it don't. It is hard to install. If you don't know what is fstab, or how to configure lilo or grub manualy dont try this. On the other side Debian and Slackware are fast, stable and easyest to install. Fedora? I dodn't try it but I don't like it and i still don't know why.