xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Suspending Acounts On Trap17

there was a member recently that got suspended at Xisto and i know the moderators are having a problem NOT following the rules sometimes. sometimes they have no idea how to think outside the box. this is troubling to me and really does piss me off because i don't like it when i have to see other people go through the hard times like i did once. so i got to thinking and i came up with a good comparison scenario.my wife who i am VERY proud of just completed classes on becoming a state advocate. but instead of pursuing that, she is pursuing a management position. now i always realize that this job wont be for her. it will be depressing. why? because she's a good hearted soul who will have a problem evicting people. now...it's her job. she has rules to follow with the position that she will probably get hired. so silly me, i am trying to find ways around her not feeling bad and the answer was simple while she could still follow the rules. either find a place for them to stay after eviction....whih means she will have to know a lot of resources in the counties she works in, or find a homeless shelter. she can do that. OR, i said i can evict people if worse comes to worse knowing i am more able to realize a persons path and why they are on it better than she is able. or she can just possibly put them to work around the apartment complex for rent if they are able. if not, help them call some relatives or other things. my job would be to free up my wifes time so she can more productively help people the way her life is meant to live.so, when i see new users banned and suspended from Xisto because they didn't follow the rules, i piss on the moderators for not thinking outside the box because they are more than just moderators, they are human beings with a brain which means they too care about people and able to work with someone to help guide them without banning someone for not following the rules.it also terribly pisses me off that if things were against the rules, then the moderators should have caught him sooner and stopped it NICELY and if this new user needed help, it's THEIR JOB AND DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY as a human being to help them...not suspend their account.show a little compassion in life. it will lead to great wealth. not of money, but of knowing you are making a difference by thinking outside the box. so @$%#$^ you moderators who believe they are unable to guide a new user on Xisto! if you are unable, then you shouldn't really be a moderator now should you when a recourse is to ban new users!!!!!!!!!!! so @%$#% you again. sleep well. don't ever have a nightmare because you sure do deserve a peacfull life.......ALONE in this world!now that i got that out of my system....i do respect most moderators. they got a tough job. i do think they can pay more attention to the threads before they start banning people. to me, i think it's partly the moderators fault if they can't catch things right away and show only one response to it. suspend accounts. especially in regards to new users.i was banned once and let my wife have it because she posted things that needed to be in quotes. 2 things. after 2 years with trap, it seems they should have known my m.o. that i always used common sense in my postings. no. that wasn't the case nor was i able to edit my post and make things right. i was warned and banned within 24 hours. this is the first time i am telling this story and putting it on my wife. i say it only to show that sometimes there are hidden clues to a person's madness that the moderators do not take in to account. they are blind sometimes and people are punished because they are blind at times.i wish there were more moderators here that hand more compassion and understanding outside the rules to help and guide those that need it. being a moderator is not easy, i know. BUT! to accept a position means to take responsibility....not only for enforcing the rules here, but to understand the other point of view.so who fills these shoes. anyone? any moderators want to claim they fill the shoes of an understanding and compassionate soul? step forward

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Since I know your talking about me, I gave the member a chance he decided to refuse, and since the information was not his to begin with it was a matter of copyright issues and he even admitted it in a posts that he was going to do it. I know you never like the way I did things, but like I said he refused and so I did what was necessary.

There are, from my experience, three kinds of "new users": (1) those who sign up and start posting in accordance to the rules (whether they know the rules or not—even though they are given a briefing of the rules upon signing up), (2) those who sign up and post advertisements, PM users "I've seen your profile... I've fallen in love!" et cetera, and (3) those who sign up and post (even if it's after a few other posts) not according to the rules. Your post touches on both 1 and 3—as i don't think you'd be complaining about case number 2 (but Who knows). But it is easy to speak against something when there isn't much knowledge on the subject.You provide a personal example about your wife and who she might be managing. If she was management and someone were to break the rules, it would be her job to handle the situation accordingly. In her case the people she brings judgment upon have the potential of losing their place of living. Indeed, losing your home is not good, but in what way does that mean that not being able to post to a forum is the same as losing a place to live in? Even if you consider Xisto a "second home" or a "home away from home," losing your real home can never be on the same level as losing your ability to post here at the forums. Even if that example was said only to cause staff members to be more forgiving or compassionate or what-have-you, there nonetheless tends to be more to a situation than what is displayed publicly on the forums.The term "ban" for some reason is normally used loosely in situations like these. That is, the way it is used makes it impossible to differentiate between something that is temporary and something that is final. Whether it be for a posting disability or a suspension or an IP ban, you nevertheless see users, whether in the shoutbox or in the forums, say, "I've been banned." A "ban" should be considered only when it is a permanent thing, not for a temporary thing. While the user in question was suspended, it is not a permanent suspension. If you want to bring up another analogy, consider one who was found guilty and sent to jail. After serving their time they are free to go and attempt to regain their integrity. Continuing to break the law will obviously mean that they'll get harsher punishment. And depending on the degree on the first act that got them in jail in the first place will determine the length or degree of the punishment for that act—and perhaps later acts.To continue the analogy, assume a person of high status, one who has in the past been on many talk shows and is widely known within the country. After for so long giving the impression that they are noble, all of a sudden they are charged on several accounts for breaking the law. How then do you think their reputation will turn out for being found guilty? You may blame the law officials for not finding out sooner (with or without considering the fact that they are merely human and not omniscient), but the fact remains that the person was found guilty. Someone who has been in the country long enough should have known that what they did was against the law, therefore any ignorance towards the law may not be considered.You should consider that it is not just the user who is losing or capable of losing from the user's actions. If you were an owner of a business, who would you pay more, the one who's worked with all their strength and has never once faulted or one who has others do most of the work for them? Why then should Xisto offer their services and resources to those who choose not to obey the rules which aren't even a burden to the user, especially when copyright infringement has the potential of shutting down the service? As you should have received from the analogies i provided, we moderators do not just hand out posting disabilities or suspensions just for the sake of doing so. The degree to which the warning affects the user is dependent mostly on the user itself.

i wasn't talking about you sm. in fact, i didn't know who suspended his account until i read the last post of another thread. all i am saying is i am sick of seeing suspentions that could have been prevented.yes, i admit i saw that he had infringed on other websites... but i didn't hit the report button only because i liked what i read and he didn't know any better being a new user. i was afraid of what was going to happen and who was to see it first. normally, i have no problem hitting a report button. i was in no position to elp this guy unfortunately so i couldn't do jack @$#%.true fusion, i like to skim long posts before i read them....once you talked about my wife in something you know nothing about, i decided not to read your mumbo jumbo. it's called saving face when i get worked up. so sm- all i am saying is that a moderators position is more than just suspending accounts. it's helping others and guiding them around Xisto. this, in my opinion extends far with new usersbtw- any writings on the internet has an implied copywrite. it doesn't mean it IS copywrited. there are reasons that. the only thing that can actually hold up in court possibly is a trademark, a slogan, and a couple other things in a similar cataqgory. i forget. i haven't taken business law for 20 yearsi have to say this though. at least you gave him a warning. some people don't even get that privlidge. but i still say think out of the box....or hand it over to another moderator who is willing to take the time to help and guide. i dunno. all i see posting are the moderators. they really have a first hand in explaining themselves.also, if i were talking about you sm, i would have stated so. i lump all the moderators in to the same group. 1 person doesn't make the team....you ALL do