xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SpiderVV

How Do I Set Up A Multi Theft Auto San Andreas Server?

I've been looking for ages a way to host my server in the Internet and not just LAN. As I have a website, I wanted to do a MTA Server to see if I would get more activity and well... A server where people can play. I can configure it, admin it, install resources, all that, but I can't find a clue on how to host it here (example).Any help?

Yes it is possible to make a MTA server and people from round the net can play on it.Open the Multi Theft Auto directory(Left Click>>Properties>>Find Target), that's where all the files needed to run a server are at. The "MTA server.exe" file is the server file that you need to run on your PC(or if it's hosted somewhere) and when you run it you'll be able to see your server. You can put your maps in the Mods folder, there's a folder called maps. You can edit the server's name, rcon password and stuff if you open the "config.xml" file. Now I'm not that sure about the server mode, admin messages etc but I'm sure that you might ask someone to help you out with that stuff. Oh and yes, if you want your server to be hosted somewhere, you need to pay for it. I don't really know what's going on with the MTA hosting these days but I'm sure that you can host your server with "Game Monitor". Watch out not to get scammed because there are some people that offer free hosting and they just steal your gamemode and stuff. The same thing may happen with paid hosting as well, so I recommend you use what the people use. But there's no much need to pay for hosting, because as long as you run the "MTA server.exe" a bios runtime(I think that's what it was, if that even exists) will be open and give you info on what's going on either if you are in-game or not. Hope this helps. Oh and yes, I used to play MTA for hours, actually I still play it sometimes so I hope you give me your server info and make me an admin :-) .

ackotheadvertiser, I think SpiderVV means he wants somewhere to host his server so he doesn't get lagg. :lol:

SV, there is no way to host your server without any lag whilst on your PC or a spare PC. Since your running a shared connection, your spare PCs connection would keep getting signal interferance if running Wireless. Aswell as that, never run a PC with a game server with a Wireless only connection, as you can sometimes get disconnected due to low signal strengh.

It is best to set it up on a fully formatted and non used computer with direct access to your Router, however port forwarding must be applied. To get port forwarding support for your server, please go to the link at the end of this post. (I will give you the link at the bottom).

Due to Wireless interferance, it's best not to run your server on a Wireless connection. Not even on your PC infact. Even if your PC is specially specified for gaming etc it is recommended not to run your server on the PC you will be using for gaming. (It may not lagg for you, but it will lag very badly for your players!) :P

There is a few hosts that will host your server (paid), but never have I came across a ligitimate and free working Server Host provider that will give you game hosting for free.

Port Forwarding link: https://portforward.com/

-Sky

Alright Sky. Thanks but, it may be my router that's not letting me broadcast the game to the Internet so I'll try Port Forwarding if the *BLEEP*ing ISP Admin hasn't blocked the Port settings. And I only have 1 PC that's connected directly to the Router so, it seems I'll have to try using a virtual VPN, as MTA Support has suggested me that so I don't get much lag. And no, I'd never ever run a MTA Server in a Wireless PC :lol:

I've been looking for ages a way to host my server in the Internet and not just LAN. As I have a website, I wanted to do a MTA Server to see if I would get more activity and well... A server where people can play. I can configure it, admin it, install resources, all that, but I can't find a clue on how to host it here (example).
Any help?

Go on cummunity.mtasa.com then register then open mta then go to settings go to community then login then u can use it

Hey Sir.

Is it Possible To upload a Server without paying and with less people in the server?

please tell me someone i need help :unsure: :(.

i have a cool server,cool maps,and cool resources,,,,i'll be so sad without uploading it,i can accept even 30 people to be in my server but without paying!

sorry for my bad english!

got to live in UK again xD,,,

PLEASE HELP LEADERS.