xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krap

Grrrrrrrrr stupid .tk

:D:D today i noticed on my school computer that my site krap.tk has a popup even though i switched it off in the "linker promo" page which says this:

Unlike other free Domain Registration websites, Dot TK offers you the choice to place a banner on your website. And when you choose to place a banner on your site your website can be selected for a review on Dot TK's website! Next to that, the webmaster of the reviewed website will receive a great Dot TK Polo Shirt! So, don't wait, and select the banner you want to display on your website.

So i notice it is on and try to change it. Then i get this;

Dot TK Linker Promo cannot be disabled because

this FREEDOMAIN.TK has more then 1000 hits per 90 days.

That is total cheating!!!

Read this bit again- you will see...

Unlike other free Domain Registration websites, Dot TK offers you the choice to place a banner on your website.

eh????????? where is the choice??????

and they delete your site if you have less than 25 in 90 days. Arrrgh i think i'll just get a .com...... B)B):D

well besides that, i think os totally unfair from the DOTTK or whatever the name is xD just lies ??. i think that you should buy your domain .com they're just so simple, and you don't have to bother on this add things.. even without pop ups is a bit annoying because of what i have seen .tk domains is just like redirection isn't? if you want the DNS settings you have to pay a fee.. so just use the uni.cc i've heard that those are good, or else buy your domain :lol:U

I am really disappointed in dottk... But, there is no such thing as a free lunch...Maybe you should try http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/? But, this service has bugs of it's own (unfortunately). For example, when I try to enter the address of my website, it sometimes opens the dot.co.sr website instead of my own. Or, it simply gives me an "page not found" error. These errors are not frequent, but it still ruins the impression when someone tries to enter my site.Again: "There is not such thing as a free lunch", so, to save some nerves, just buy a .com domain at godaddy.com, and enjoy!