xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

No, Seriously, We Need A New Theme!

T17 - Time for a new theme!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take a look at Asta Host. They got a theme redesign about the same time Xisto did. At first look their theme might look really pretty, and you might want something like that for this forum. But if you spend some time there reading the topics and posting, the theme begins to look too busy; it's a breath of fresh air to come back to Xisto and view its nice clean look. Flashy themes may first make you think "oooh pretty", but when it comes down to it, functionality and readability are the most important parts of a theme. Also, if you think this theme is boring, take a look at what Xisto used to look like using the wayback machine.

I actually prefer the default Invision Power Board themes. They are quick, fast and secure.
I was actually a member of T17 in those days. God knows where my account has gone must of been lost in time and space :lol:
Edited by Spurious (see edit history)

I actually prefer the default Invision Power Board themes. They are quick, fast and secure.I was actually a member of T17 in those days. God knows where my account has gone must of been lost in time and space tongue.gif

The new IPB V3 default theme is pretty good actually. We're currently using V2, right? The new version has improved a lot on the visual front and yet looks professional enough. But if I'm not wrong it costs a lot to upgrade?

I just wanted to make a quick point:Take a look at Asta Host. They got a theme redesign about the same time Xisto did. At first look their theme might look really pretty, and you might want something like that for this forum. But if you spend some time there reading the topics and posting, the theme begins to look too busy; it's a breath of fresh air to come back to Xisto and view its nice clean look. Flashy themes may first make you think "oooh pretty", but when it comes down to it, functionality and readability are the most important parts of a theme. Also, if you think this theme is boring, take a look at what Xisto used to look like using the wayback machine.

Oh... that is just horrible... (what Xisto used to look like, that is. Not the theme redesign. Now I know why half of the, I mean, ALL of the old memebrs are reluctant in changing the theme of Xisto... in case it looks worse than before.

I must say though, the Xisto theme CAN be better. It does have space (a lot of space too) for refinements, but I understand if you want Xisto to stay the way it is now... I don't think and feel like it is my place to put a comment in this discussion anymore. It's up to the oldies, after all!!!