xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
willmark

Prevent Credit Card Fraud easy way to stop people useing your cards

On the back of your credit card you have the signature strip. The signature is very easy to remove without damage to the strip so the fraudster can put your signature on it in there own hand writing. how to prevent this!! place a small piece of clear sticky back plastic on the card signature strip after signing it (only the strip) and if the fraudster removes this it pulles off the stip making it void. i hope this is of help to some people also ball point pens and feltip based pens are the easiest to remove the hardest to remove is the "ink inscibbing pens"

Edited by willmark (see edit history)

On the back of your credit card you have the signature strip. The signature is very easy to remove without damage to the strip so the fraudster can put your signature on it in there own hand writing. how to prevent this!! place a small piece of clear sticky back plastic on the card signature strip after signing it (only the strip) and if the fraudster removes this it pulles off the stip making it void. i hope this is of help to some people also ball point pens and feltip based pens are the easiest to remove the hardest to remove is the "ink inscibbing pens"

Nice, I never really know that they can remove the strip without damaging the card... I didn't even know that they could remove the strip in the first place. But anyway, thanks for the information and the great tip. I personally don't have a credit card myself (I'm old enough to have one, but I just don't need one and I don't know how to use one - these things will come to me naturally as I learn the skills and as I need to learn how to use it), but when I do I'll keep that in mind.

By the way, would you make the whole card itself "void" and useless if you stuck anything and everything (well, maybe not everything) on the card? I mean, wouldn't the scanning things that you use won't be able to detect it and make the whole card useless? Possibly even getting your card stuck in the machine because the card is extra thicker with the extra width of the tape itself stuck on the card.......

Nice, I never really know that they can remove the strip without damaging the card... I didn't even know that they could remove the strip in the first place. But anyway, thanks for the information and the great tip. I personally don't have a credit card myself (I'm old enough to have one, but I just don't need one and I don't know how to use one - these things will come to me naturally as I learn the skills and as I need to learn how to use it), but when I do I'll keep that in mind.
By the way, would you make the whole card itself "void" and useless if you stuck anything and everything (well, maybe not everything) on the card? I mean, wouldn't the scanning things that you use won't be able to detect it and make the whole card useless? Possibly even getting your card stuck in the machine because the card is extra thicker with the extra width of the tape itself stuck on the card.......

only on the signature strip put the thin clear sticky back plastic. if they was to peel off the clear strip you put on it would pull off your signature and then it would not be accepted in a bank or shop as it would have no signature on it but if that happens then you will be getting a new card anyway but someone would not of used it. and when i say a fraudster can remove your signature i mean just your signature with just three house hold items completly

I would not prefer credit cards, or just avoid to use. But frauds happen and you must be careful. I heard they are putting camera on bankomat just to get your password.

this is true. the best way around it is as you entre your pin number put your hand over the keypad this way the camara cant see what you entre

Im not sure whats happening in other places, but in the UK everywhere has to use pins. Everone enters their pin number to make a purchase, so signature forgery isnt a problem, but someone looking over your shoulder is. Ive always thought its a bit of a stupid system, it wouldnt be difficult for someone to look over your shoulder, and take your card when your not looking.