xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Do You Use Any Referral Sites?

Most of the PTC and similar sites are scams and everyone knows that. There's a common feature in these sites and that is the referral system. The more people you refer the more you earn - that's the concept. But the overall result is bad. But there are some less-known sites that use this referral system and yet give out the gifts promised. I was once a member of a site which didnt have many members, but it promised to give $20 through paypal and the task was to click on an ad and make 5 people to do that. I didnt believe it at that time but since it wasn't such a big task I did it, and was surprised when I got the money within 2 days! I'm not mentioning the name of the site because it's closed now - possibly due to lack of members. But due to sites like these there is a hope that money can be earned without selling anything onthe net! Since then I've kept an eye open for any sites like this, which depend only on referrals and no endless clicking of ads. do any of you know of such sites? "just referfriends and leave it at that" that's the concept!

Most of the PTC and similar sites are scams and everyone knows that. There's a common feature in these sites and that is the referral system. The more people you refer the more you earn - that's the concept. But the overall result is bad. But there are some less-known sites that use this referral system and yet give out the gifts promised. I was once a member of a site which didnt have many members, but it promised to give $20 through paypal and the task was to click on an ad and make 5 people to do that. I didnt believe it at that time but since it wasn't such a big task I did it, and was surprised when I got the money within 2 days!
I'm not mentioning the name of the site because it's closed now - possibly due to lack of members. But due to sites like these there is a hope that money can be earned without selling anything onthe net! Since then I've kept an eye open for any sites like this, which depend only on referrals and no endless clicking of ads. do any of you know of such sites? "just referfriends and leave it at that" that's the concept!

Yay!!! First reply post!!!

I thought that I might actually reply because no one actually did... and this thread has been here for a while and I don't actually like threads that haven't actually been answered... (wow... so many actuallies... actually, there are a total four actuallies not including this one nor the one before it, that is, not including the ones in the brackets.)

But anyway... not more talking about actuallies. Lets get back on the topic.

Yes... there ARE legitimate sites that actually (argh!!! I can get rid of this word!!!) give out points and cash and whatever that they promise for.... though most of them are just scams to help them make money. The one that you were talking about would sound like a scam, because of the high pay rate, but it's not. That's very rare, I must say. But might I also add that sites like this won't exactly last long, because they usually mean that the advertiser has to pay a lot, and advertisers won't like that and would prefer to find another site that will require less money to advertise for them. So that is why people earn so little, like 0.0000001 cents per click because the site has to pay for the hosting, the domain name AND have a profit from the two dollars that they gain from the advertisers each for around a thousand clicks... And that is why they give so little out.

If what you say is true, then the site must either be very stupid and is running their company at a loss or that they charge their advertisers for a very high price (which of course, scares their advertisers and customers away) - which means less ads... less money coming in... less members... less traffic of the PTC (paid to click) site... and in the end, the shutting down of the company...

I don't know sites like this, though I know bonuses and all that from referring your friends and maybe your not-friends but would like to register under you (rare)... So it's like this... you get paid like 0.01 cents per click of your own, and 0.025 cents per click from your referrals... but this often means that you have to click yourself too... because most of these sites only let you earn to money that your referrals make if you click all the ads yourself. So it's not technically "passive" income, if you know what I meant.

However, you shouldn't be that down on the low pay out, because some people are know to make areound $10 per day from their refferals and some even more, maybe in their hundreds, though I doubt it... they might actually just be boasting and all that.

But legitimate sites can also turn to scam, so if there is any solid proof that this is happening... STOP your clicking and run away from your site and don't waste your time seeing and clicking whether it's true or not!!!

;)

Yes... there ARE legitimate sites that actually (argh!!! I can get rid of this word!!!) give out points and cash and whatever that they promise for.... though most of them are just scams to help them make money. The one that you were talking about would sound like a scam, because of the high pay rate, but it's not. That's very rare, I must say. But might I also add that sites like this won't exactly last long, because they usually mean that the advertiser has to pay a lot, and advertisers won't like that and would prefer to find another site that will require less money to advertise for them. So that is why people earn so little, like 0.0000001 cents per click because the site has to pay for the hosting, the domain name AND have a profit from the two dollars that they gain from the advertisers each for around a thousand clicks... And that is why they give so little out.

If what you say is true, then the site must either be very stupid and is running their company at a loss or that they charge their advertisers for a very high price (which of course, scares their advertisers and customers away) - which means less ads... less money coming in... less members... less traffic of the PTC (paid to click) site... and in the end, the shutting down of the company...

I don't know sites like this, though I know bonuses and all that from referring your friends and maybe your not-friends but would like to register under you (rare)... So it's like this... you get paid like 0.01 cents per click of your own, and 0.025 cents per click from your referrals... but this often means that you have to click yourself too... because most of these sites only let you earn to money that your referrals make if you click all the ads yourself. So it's not technically "passive" income, if you know what I meant.

However, you shouldn't be that down on the low pay out, because some people are know to make areound $10 per day from their refferals and some even more, maybe in their hundreds, though I doubt it... they might actually just be boasting and all that.

But legitimate sites can also turn to scam, so if there is any solid proof that this is happening... STOP your clicking and run away from your site and don't waste your time seeing and clicking whether it's true or not!!!

smile.gif

As I said in my first post, this site is dead now and the reason might be: losses! Anyway during all the time that I was on the site, I remember clicking only one ad, and that too during registration. After that all i had to do was to wait for more referrals. That was hard because there are not many places where you are allowed to post referral links but I still managed to do a good job of it. That site was the only legit site I found till today. Too bad that it got closed soon ;)

As I said in my first post, this site is dead now and the reason might be: losses! Anyway during all the time that I was on the site, I remember clicking only one ad, and that too during registration. After that all i had to do was to wait for more referrals. That was hard because there are not many places where you are allowed to post referral links but I still managed to do a good job of it. That site was the only legit site I found till today. Too bad that it got closed soon ;)

Argh!!! Yeah... and too bad I wasn't there BEFORE it closed down... that is my greatest sadness out of this thread, I must say. $20 dollars for 5 referral is a lot, more than... 5000% more than the normal GPT sites that you see in the average search engine results.

I wonder why there aren't any more sites like this. I think it's because of the loss that the companies have and the fast closing downs of these types of and kinds of businesses because of their loss and/or lack of advertisers wanting to actually advertise their site. I mean, OK. Let's say that the site was very nice and gave a hundred percent of what they earned to you. So they get twenty dollars for referring people, and they give the whole twenty dollars to people that YOU refer...

Now, that means that, because you only have to refer five people, the advertising company will only receive five clicks for the twenty dollars that they pay... How little!!! How sad!!! Especially if they could actually be getting one thousand clicks for two dollars... and ten thousand clicks from different people with the initial twenty dollars that they could have paid for the five clicks that they would have received from the site that you were talking about...

And that is why there aren't many sites like this because they generate a loss and not a profit, and they could be earning lots by giving you less, and they would close down and go out of business in the long term anyway...

Yes it's a sad thing that such sites don't last for a long time and it's hard to find such sites in the first place. But I still know that there are some legit sites out there which do give what they promised. We just have to keep our eyes open for them that's all!

Yes it's a sad thing that such sites don't last for a long time and it's hard to find such sites in the first place. But I still know that there are some legit sites out there which do give what they promised. We just have to keep our eyes open for them that's all!

But if you are serious about earning some money, wouldn't it be better to make a site like this yourself??? (And make it legitimate and actually pay your memebers, of course... no one wants to join a scam site...). I'm still searching for ways to make money online... I might start a blog about it and start making my money on from there.... I'll have to make a new thread for that though... don't want to get off topic... I'll make one when I actually have the time to do it.

Meanwhile, I'll just continue posting on Xisto and earn some US dollars that can only be used for web hosting... not that I mind!!! I just love Xisto just too much!!!

But if you are serious about earning some money, wouldn't it be better to make a site like this yourself??? (And make it legitimate and actually pay your memebers, of course... no one wants to join a scam site...). I'm still searching for ways to make money online... I might start a blog about it and start making my money on from there.... I'll have to make a new thread for that though... don't want to get off topic... I'll make one when I actually have the time to do it.
Meanwhile, I'll just continue posting on Xisto and earn some US dollars that can only be used for web hosting... not that I mind!!! I just love Xisto just too much!!!

well making a site like that isn't easy and requires good programming skills and there's also the need to negotiate with advertisers - something that will take time to learn! ;)

I was just browsing randomly and I found a site that works on the same system I mentioned! It doesn't pay out in money, though. It gives out premium accounts to some sites like rapidshare, megaupload, etc. check out this thread if you're interested.

I was just browsing through

Yeah... I saw that you have made a new thread on this new site... I'm very sorry to say that I'm not that interested though... I'm only interested in online money, preferably Paypal online money because the only thing that I will use for it will be to host my website, so all the money will be going to Xisto and Xisto...I really don't have any use for rapidshare ware or Warez things or whatever, so... yeah... but thanks for sharing though!!! Still on my quest to making money online... it's not going very well... see how one things leads to another... wanting to build a website, then now finding ways to earn passive money online to host my website... then what next? Finding ways to fund my online business? (If I ever get one, that is...)I don't want to lost track of my ultimate goal though... get a freaking website!!! I'm scared of starting in case my myCENTS run out or anything... and I want to know that it will never (my account, that is) be suspended because I couldn't keep up with the posting.