xisto Community
Misanthrope

Search Function Search Entire Forum?

Does anyone know if there's a way to search the entire forum for a specific post? I was going to comment on an interesting post someone had recently made on "Adam and Eve" but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it's out there somewhere....Thanks in advance for your help.

First of all, here's the topic you've been looking for:
Adam and Eve

The search function is really simple to use - on the top of the page you click on "Search", right? Then in the page that comes up, there is a search box and underneath you will find the list of all the boards available in the forum, along with sub-forums. You just type out the search term in the box and click on the category/forum/sub-forum you want to search in. If you want to search the whole forum there is an option for that too. For example, "Adam and Eve" is in the spirituality section, so simply type "Adam and Eve" in the box, and click "Spirituality and Consciousness " in the list and bingo - the thread comes up ;) Hope that helped

Yes, that helps immensely! I'm embarrassed to say after almost two years posting here I hadn't figured that nifty little detail out yet. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

well this kind of thing happens from time to time - no problem :P Just a small clarification from my previous post - if you click on the 'Search' option from the top of the page, you get only a small basic search box. Only when you click on 'more options' you get the full search feature. otherwise if you open the 'Search' feature in a new tab you go directly to the advanced search page ;)

Due to the limitations of the IPB search feature, people tend to resort to Google. That is, they use the following search query:

site:Xisto.com what you want to search for
Obviously, just replace "what you want to search for" with exactly what it says.

My humble thanks to The Simpleton and truefusion for providing these excellent research tools to this oft challenged misanthrope. Why I hadn't thought of them on my own remains a mystery, and shall (thankfully) remain a mystery as long as this forum continues to hone the fine and helpful intellects that permeate these Trapish realms. It's good to have an informed and knowledgeable community to fall back on...;)