xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Funny Dog Stories what has your pet done to make you laugh?

Pets do the darndest things. We have surely seen the favorite segments on David Letterman with the ?Stupid Pet Tricks.? And all the video?s on U Tube, and Americans Funniest Home Video?s that people have made of their pets doing strange things, sometimes tricks, and other times just odd, (or even typical animal behavior) It might be fun to share some of our own pet?s little stunts. Let me tell you Lottie?s story. She pulled several really great stunts in the years we had her. Lottie was our original English Bulldog. She was an old dog when we got her, her previous owner figured she was done with having pups, but she did fool them and actually had a litter for us. Unlike many bulldogs, Lottie was an excellent mother dog. She raised her own 3 pups and even fostered two Bullmastiff pups to boot. Bulldogs are notorious for mashing their pups, laying one them and suffocating them, or just in general not taking care of them. But not Lottie. She would however, scare the daylights out of us every time she went back to her pups after being outside for a potty break. She would go to her pups, nose around all 5 of them, seeing where they were, she sometimes pushed them around a bit with her nose until she got them all where she wanted them, and then BOOM! She would jerk all 4 feet up in the air and just crash down amongst them. I would absolutely freak out, knowing full well she surly must of mashed at least half of them, but she never not one time ever hurt one. It was really amazing to see. Now, as I have mentioned, Lottie was an old dog. At about 10-11 years of age, which truly is ancient for a Bulldog, she certainly had her share of infirmities. Her eyesight was not the best in the world, and she moved with the slowest walk you ever saw. Those splayed out bulldog elbows and the turned in toes made her walk extremely slow. It would sometimes take her half an hour to shuffle back and forth from the house to the kennel, even though it was only a few hundred yards. One day the hubby and I came home from a puppy selling trip. On the way back we had stopped at a roadside store that had lots of cool concrete statues. I found a pair of concrete Terrier statues that I thought would look really great out at the end of our driveway, so I had bought them, and when we got home and were unloading the car, I had to move one of them out to get to some other stuff. I just set it on the ground a little way away from the car. A short time later, Lottie came waddling up from the kennel to see what we were up to. She was retired by then and had the run of the place. When she got about 10 feet from the concrete dog, she just froze for a second. Her hair bristled up, and she perked up, and then suddenly, out of the blue, she just attacked the statue, going straight for it?s tail. She chomped right down on that hard concrete tail! Failing to get a response from the statue, and I suppose suddenly realizing the error of her ways, she backed off, took a good, though rather surprised look at it, and then you could practicly her hear go Hummph, and walked away looking totally disgusted, and quite frankly, embarrassed by her case of mistaken identity. I?m pretty sure she knew we were standing there laughing our butts off at her too. Lottie?s other surprise for us came one day when our cattle got out. We had a big, and I do mean BIG Charloais bull we were raising to butcher. Since we are not fans of ?baby beef? we let him get really huge, he was pretty close to 1600lbs. Now, as I have already mentioned, Lottie was a really slow mover. She never went anywhere in a hurry. She barely seemed to even be able to move. The hired man used to laugh at her all the time as she shuffled around the yard. But then she saw the bull. And I swear, it looked like that old dog got shot out of a cannon! She charged that bull, dead run, flat out, she seemed to fly across the yard after him! You could hear her teeth popping on his heels all the way across the yard. Bull apparently heard it too, because he bolted out of there like the devil himself was after him. That dog scared that huge bull to death, he was more than happy to head back out to the pasture, we barely got the gate open in time for him to save himself from the killer antique bulldog! But the shear look of total shock on the hired mans face was the real kicker. He just stood there with his mouth hanging open, not believing what he had just witnessed.

My sister had a black labrador named Jimmy. Jimmy would always be on the lookout for some food although he would always get enough, but not too much, to keep him from getting overweight. Whenever there was something being cooked in the kitchen, he would try to make his way in and somebody would have to hold him by his leash. Although only two years old, labradors tend to grow quite large by then so we could not have his leash tied to a dining chair to keep him out of the kitchen - he would just drag the chair behind him. Occasionally, someone would toss him a loaf of bread out the kitchen to keep him away and he would go after the loaf and would not return till he finished it completely.One day, while the kitchen was left empty, Jimmy went right in and decided to explore this magical place from which there seemed to be tons and tons of food being tossed out in an attempt to figure out if there is any more. Sure enough, there was a bowl of milk that was supposed to be turned into milk shake and Jimmy decided to help himself to it and gulped it all down. Of course, when somebody did go back to the kitchen to fetch the bowl of milk, there was Jimmy with an innocent smile but signs of milk right there on this face. He got locked up in one of the bed rooms to make him realise that it was something that he was not supposed to do but he would still step into the kitchen whenever someone was cooking to hope to get another one of the magical flying loaves of bread that would he would get each time he entered the kitchen.

thank you sheepdog and k_nitin_r to share us those funny stories, i had a good time reading them. and even i am not fan of dogs but i always admire their level of intelligence and stupidity :P, because we will always get something funny and interesting to hear or watch from them. @sheepdog, i always used to dislike the bulldog, i don't like how it looks like :D, but your stories will encourage me to give them a second look when i see one of them and wait what they will do.@ k_nitin_r, maybe that dog is so smart that he enters the kitchen in purpose to get the flying loaf, if i was you i will try to give him something he hates like vegetable :D and see what he will do.

Oh, I have a great dog/kitchen story too.My previous Miniture Schnauzer, Zooker, was for the most part, the perfect, well behaved pet. She never bothered anything on the kitchen table except 2 things. Butter and my hubbies sour cream enchaladas. I could leave a package of raw hamburger out to thaw on the table and she wouldn't touch it. But I learned quickly that it just wasn't going to be something I could get away with to leave a stick of butter on the table. (I never refrigerate butter, we use it pretty quick and it's too hard to use if you keep it in the frig.) She would get on the table and get it every single time. She would eat an entire stick of butter if the oppertunity presented it'self. Then there was the night Hubby made his famous sour cream enchalada's. I have to say, they are a real treat, the best thing you ever tasted. (he had a fellow offer to buy him a restuarant if he would make them to sell, they were that good) Anyway, that night it was just him and me, we normally just make them for company. We had eaten until we were so full we were just about in misery, and between the 2 of us we only ate one half of one pan. That night Zooker got up on the kitchen table, and all by herself, ate the entire other half of the pan! I mean she had that pan licked completly spotless, there wasn't even a smell left over! I for the life of me don't know how a little 20 pound dog could possibly eat that much! Didn't even seem to phase her. And the funny thing is, hubby and I take turns with the night time cooking chores. Pretty much after the sour cream episode, I could cook dinner and the dogs would pay no attention to me what so ever. But let the old man come in the kitchen and start dinner and the dang dogs would line up by the table and watch him cook. Not hard to tell who is the best cook in this household, just ask our dogs! Bar B Que time was really funny to watch too. All of our dogs would line up in this perfect little row, starting with the biggest dog right down to the littlest one and stare at him the entire time he was BBQ ing.