xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wendylady

Flubber Recipe Total Fun for the kids

THis will make a realy cool fun flubber stuff , kinda like puddy, for the kids.1. Mix 1 cup Of Glue & 1.2 cup of warm water. Stir with fork until dissolved. 2. Add 4 Drops of food coloring , stir with fork till well blended.3. In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup warm water & 1/2 tea of Borax till dissolved. 4. Blend well in to first mix.5 . At soem point when you can not stir any more you need to Knead with hands and squeeze any excess water off.Hope you enjoy this fun project wiht your kids and the extra fun of playing with the fubber.

+1 on the flubber recipe.

I used to make this a lot during my YMCA years. It makes a white (unless you add food coloring), moldable but soft "clay..." more squishy than firm, really. Kids can create shapes, tear them apart easily, roll it, poke it, blah blah blah... I might actually go and make this for something to do on the weekend.

On another note, since I don't want to make another thread, here is a recipe for what I know as "oobleck:"

Cornstarch

Water

That's it! Put a nice bunch of cornstarch into a large bowl, then add water slowly until you get a slow-flowing consistency that looks much like cake batter. You will know that you did it right if your kids are having fun with it.

Oobleck is basically cornstarch and water in the right proportions to create a batter-like mixture that when you slowly introduce your fingers into it, the mixture behaves like a liquid... but add any bit of resistance, and it acts as a solid. It's pretty neat, and it's a project that is much, much messier than "flubber" as wherever it ends up, it's like cake batter. However, to make clean-up easier, just rub spills of oobleck right off with your hands and then wash them immediately, since the oobleck will turn solid when you apply the force of rolling your fingers over it.

I tried this with the fiancee's kids... messy, but they were very interested with it. Kept them occupied for an hour at least, anyway. ;) Plus, it's an opportunity to teach a bit of science (forms of matter)! How's that for a $0.99 box of cornstarch and tap water?

Ya my kids use that to paint with :lol: other good thing to do is mix backing soda and small water so its past like add a small amount of food color too it and let em have at it in the bath tub , Gets em clean and the tub too .

Flubbery Substance Flubber Recipe

This is a great science fair project or a good craft project

1. Mix 1 cup Of Glue & 1.2 cup of warm water. Stir with fork until dissolved.

2. Add 4 Drops of food coloring , stir with fork till well blended.

3. In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup warm water & 1/2 tea of Borax till dissolved.

4. Blend well in to first mix.

5 . At some point when you can not stir any more you need to Knead with hands and squeeze any excess water off. 

-reply by samma-faye