xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

The Biggest Telescope In The World!

In Spain,on La Palma, released the most use of the telescope in the world, which will can detailed the most beatiful places on the another galaxyes. Set to Rocco de los Mucacos, "hunter on galaxyes", which is the most produced telescope so far, is about 104 million euros. Provided funds to Canary Islands, the EU and Mexico, and ceremony to open was Qween Juan Carlos and Sofia, Spain Secretery of Science Garmendina Kristina and the President of the Government of the Canary Islands Paulino Rivero.THey believe that grandiosly telescope, set at about 2400 meters Above mean sea high, KE can them with detailed seeng the another galayes to findings for black type of walkers for the "Big Benge, large explosion from which, under science theory, as and controlled by it. The expect that teleskop,will be about 17 Tons, will help in discovering on the planet outside of Sun system. Primary mirror of the teleskop has a diameter of 10.4 meters, and each of its 30 smaller mirrors is the diameter of 1.9 meters. Mirrors with dimension of eight CM, resistant to high temperatures and extreme weather.

that is one very large telescope there, and even more mirrors there. wow that's all i can say!

Isn't the largest telescope in the world in Hawaii?The diameter of the lens (or is it radius?) is 3.5meters wide.This is because Hawaii has a hot but thin atmosphere that allows minimum atmospheric fluctations so it doesn't ruin the image will the hot air and all that.

I think the cost is more "wow" factor to me than the size. I mean, a $180 million USD telescope to view things? Our government also spends hundreds of millions a year on this kind of stuff and I find it somewhat of a ridiculous "investment" that could be better used otherwise. We have satellites and satellite imagery that is able to see anything near Earth... I don't see the fascination with looking "farther out."

You don't?The universe is expanding, and we want to see our fate. With the deforestation and global warming and greenhouse effects going on, this might be the way to save our species and go to another planet.The universe is a weird places full of question marks. We don't know why we are here and what is out there. Space exploration is the only way we are going to answer these questions...Are we a by-product of the universe?Was the universe created for us?What are we doing here?Are we stuck in the cycle of life and death?Are there any explanations of why we bother living and just not die?(I mean, yes, we "pass" our genes and DNA on to create new human beings, but what is the point of all the labour if we are going to die anyway?)The questions and answers are out there and we should go and seek the answers because:1. We can2. It is not coincidental that we have insatiable curiousity3. It helps us grasp a slight understanding of our place and position in the universe.Yes, we might spend alot of money on space exploration, with no garauntee that we will get something meaningful back. But it's a risk that we have to take. It is a gamble we the odds against us. But us humans have and always will fight back and seek the answers that we want and need.Do you get why we have to do this now? Money, after all, is created my humans. If we had things my way, I think we should just ditch all the money business and DO it. (The research and everything)

i think it is in spain i am not sure but, ihave studie about it some were in the book telescope is very us ful for us,it help us to see the object from very far, about 100 mile or more it is used by the strologer