xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sofiaweb

Aliens Make Contact! Aliens Make Contact (hypothetical)

okay, so it's 1:06 GMT on the 1st of December, 2006. Suddenly pandemonium erupts around the globe! Radar tracking stations pick up over 30 multi-kilometer large objects descending through the atmosphere; people everywhere spot the bright flaming trails left by the suspected doomsday meteor shower, as the objects plummet towards the ground. But just as all hope seems lost, the objects slow! In a matter of minutes, it becomes apparent to the (now mostly awake) people of Earth, that the cosmic visitors are giant space craft! The behemoths slowly begin to fly over the world's largest population centers. For hours the terrified population of Earth watches, from the streets, windows, and televisions, with bated breath, as the ships make their rounds. Then it comes, at 4:18 GMT, Dec 1, 2006, human kind's first message from the stars. The first to hear it are those listening to the news on their radios, a brief wave of static; then in every major language, a strange sounding voice declares: "We have come to you, the people of Earth, to make you of us. You will put your guns aside, and your leaders will speak to us. Force will be met." How do you think Earth will react? (and what would you have done had this happened?) Note: the aliens in this scenario *are* primarily peaceful, the question here is not "could we win?", we couldn't, they have thousands of star systems and member races, the technology to lift multi-kilometer star ships in the air, and the resorces to conduct long term cultural integration projects. The question I ask is: how long would it take modern Earth society to 1. figure out the true meaning of The Message: "We come in peace to induct your people into our inter-stellar civilization" 2. accept the offer, and 3. how life on Earth would change before #2 came to pass? Note2: forgot to add that the aleins will land and attempt direct negotiations with world and regional leaders if no one contacts them after several days. (also hostilities on the part of any nation against the aliens during the negotiations will result in the pacification of that nation)

they are already here :DLoving beings to heal :)

What an intriguing possibility and scenario.One possibility:The people, as a mass would have a variety of emotions and reactions. I think fear would be a dominate reaction, as common human behaviour is ?we fear what we don?t understand?. After the intensity of the first 4 or so hours I think we would begin to digest the reality of the situation, and then begin debate on the meaning of the message, the possible intent of the aliens, and the options of actions and reactions available to us and the consequences. History shows us that within our own planet similar scenarios of sorts, like cultures/countries/civilizations taking over other cultures/countries/civilizations in a forced and sometimes unforced manner, and the results of those actions and how it affected the people of both sides. Society as a whole is made up of so many complex parts and relationships that give it a delicate balance (and sometimes not so balanced). Leaders are (in theory) there to lead us in the right direction as a society be it willingly or unwillingly sometimes. There will definitely be those who insist on an aggressive reaction to the aliens and would be prepared to fight to the death. Some would realise the meaning and intentions of the aliens straight away, "We come in peace to induct your people into our inter-stellar civilization" and resistance futile. But for that to be the dominating theory and interpretation that may take...awhile. In the meantime I believe that we would try to communicate back to them, so we could further establish their intentions, which could help give more feedback to support the possible theory?s that we currently had shortlisted. It would be tricky for us to establish a global stance on the aliens, since we have so much trouble at the moment agreeing on global peace within ourselves. I think instant compliance with the aliens peace request is beyond the human race, but I do believe that we could work towards it in steps. For example step one could be resist trying to blow the scary unknown things out of the sky. Then in further steps we could work with the aliens to seize the opportunity to realise that the universe is bigger than just us earthlings and become integrated with the aliens. There will be those that will never want to be part of the integration, and maybe an agreement can be made of ?borders?, where those who choose not to be a part of it are left alone to live their lives there way, such as a zone or country called ?Integrated Peace? is where everyone who choose to be integrated with alien societies live. This would be a tough transition, but for the greater good of the future, I believe aliens coming in peace have the potential to make us more well rounded beings and expand our horizons. There possibly could be radical extremists opposed to integration with alien societies that could hinder or slow the whole process, but I believe that there should be a choice for everyone weather they joined or not joined the integration. And that choice would define if they got to live in the integration zone. Their even may be those who choose to be exposed to alien societies but after a while may struggle with it all and choose to immigrate back to a non integration zone, again I believe they should get the choice. Cause all humans would not comply with integration if there leaders or government official decided it in their best interest to be integrated, it would fuel a rebellion against the leaders and integration. So if each individual were given a choice, but it did affect where they lived on earth, I think it would keep the rebellion to integration minimal. As our human history has told us, that rebellious element will always be there when it comes to change. So with choice in place, I think that eventually, over 100 hundred years or so we as a planet could become 90percent integrated and accepting of it. I would choose integration, I think we humans have a lot to learn. I believe we are like new born infants when comes to knowledge and co-existing in the universe with harmony. I also believe our hearts and minds are our greatest trait.Anyway, these are just some of the thoughts that popped into my head when thinking about this scenario.Thanks, Bgtone

okay, so it's 1:06 GMT on the 1st of December, 2006. Suddenly pandemonium erupts around the globe! Radar tracking stations pick up over 30 multi-kilometer large objects descending through the atmosphere; people everywhere spot the bright flaming trails left by the suspected doomsday meteor shower, as the objects plummet towards the ground.
But just as all hope seems lost, the objects slow! In a matter of minutes, it becomes apparent to the (now mostly awake) people of Earth, that the cosmic visitors are giant space craft! The behemoths slowly begin to fly over the world's largest population centers. For hours the terrified population of Earth watches, from the streets, windows, and televisions, with bated breath, as the ships make their rounds.

Then it comes, at 4:18 GMT, Dec 1, 2006, human kind's first message from the stars. The first to hear it are those listening to the news on their radios, a brief wave of static; then in every major language, a strange sounding voice declares:
"We have come to you, the people of Earth, to make you of us. You will put your guns aside, and your leaders will speak to us. Force will be met."

How do you think Earth will react? (and what would you have done had this happened?)

Note: the aliens in this scenario *are* primarily peaceful, the question here is not "could we win?", we couldn't, they have thousands of star systems and member races, the technology to lift multi-kilometer star ships in the air, and the resorces to conduct long term cultural integration projects.
The question I ask is: how long would it take modern Earth society to 1. figure out the true meaning of The Message: "We come in peace to induct your people into our inter-stellar civilization" 2. accept the offer, and 3. how life on Earth would change before #2 came to pass?
Note2: forgot to add that the aleins will land and attempt direct negotiations with world and regional leaders if no one contacts them after several days. (also hostilities on the part of any nation against the aliens during the negotiations will result in the pacification of that nation)

If they wanted to make contact, who's to say that aliens are always more advanced than us? I mean, if they do find "alive" germs on Mars, I'd consider that an alien.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are aliens, kind of ridiculous to assume we're the only ones in the whole universe. If they were more advanced and they wanted to make contact, they probably would've already done so or already have. So I can only conclude that there's a secret government involved with galaxy and universal affairs.

I like the idea that they're avoiding us, the world just isn't ready for that. That, or maybe they're like us, and they also don't have the means to make contact, or aren't even aware we're here either. They're aliens to us, and we're aliens to them.

If aliens actually came here in front of the public with seemingly no motives to kill us, I'd stare... take it all in stride and obsessively watch the news.

But if the alien is like the ones in "Cloverfield," I'll most likely accept that the world is going to end and try by all means to stay alive.

we dont know if aliens are real or not maybe, hmm

From such hypothesis to the mystry of the unknown Aliens have been a subject of discussion for long. Straight from 1930 when people began to notice the UFO's and alien's visit on the planet earth- people have treated this matter with quite secret. Well I believe anything could be true! For there are numerous cases which can arise in the case of aliens making contact with our civilization:1. May be aliens are already inhibiting earth, they are living among us to observe our ways. They are sitting at some important positions, they are using some experiments to study us.2. They live in isolated parts on earth and conduct their research work from there.3. Areas such as Bermuda Triangle is a station for aliens on earth.4. Aliens make regular visits to earth, but as the earth is not yet developed to accomodate their technology they do not make contact with us.It is an interesting topic to explore.

Well the biggest thing to keep in mind regarding aliens is that if they are there and they come here to destroy us, we are doomed.For an alien to get to Earth shows they are clearly smarter than us (and more advanced, otherwise we would have found them first). If we were to do anything to try to hurt them they would wipe us out if they wanted.Now if we found them first, it may be different (as we would be the more technologically advanced group).What it all boils down to is who is smarter. Because it would be a world vs. world battle, it's all about the technology and nothing else (and obviously technology requires brains).

hmmm you make me want to disect your brain sometimes.... haha

they are already here :P
Loving beings to heal ;)

Wrap your brain around this: They're already here. They've been here off and on for thousands of years guiding civilizations and experimenting with us. Even breeding with us. They've infiltrated the highest levels of government using their superior intellect and caused our elected leaders to do their bidding through bribery, coercion, blackmail, and violence, even while fighting amongst themselves at times. Now their agenda has changed or ownership has changed hands. For whichever reason, our planet is now being terraformed by the hundreds of thousands of their minions. The weather modification has been going on for decades over North America (and most other areas of the planet) but for a few days when all non-military air traffic was grounded after 9-11, those days were blessedly bright with perfect blue sky and silence from the airports. Remember that? But within a week it all began again. Now they've managed to convince a segment of the populace that Carbon Dioxide is bad and that you should only generate so much of it or be taxed for breathing too much. You'll be labeled a clear and present danger to the environment and imprisoned if you dare to speak out against their taxes and regulations. Soon, when they've sucked us all dry, they'll simply outlaw carbon entirely, one class at a time, useless eaters go first; we can't afford to dole out good medication and hospice to those who don't contribute. Those who rebel, too. Can't have dissent amongst the carbon units! Once the population of carbon-based bipedal life forms is back down to a manageable level (sustainable) of 500,000,000 or so, they'll let up and it'll be a golden age. For those who licked the boots of their masters.