xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Sentenced Rapidshare!

Association for Music and the interpretation of the Rights of Reproduction Mechanics, GEMA, which filed charges against the company, is directed in Hamburg Local Court to order Rapidshare stop enabling the Internet to over 5 000 songs.
"The trial finds that people's housing service is now responsible for ensuring that none of the songs in question is not distributed through its platform in the future," according to a statement of GEMA's.

"This means that the holder of the Copyright is not required to conduct subsequent searches and complex."

In addition, the court ruled that Rapidshare and other sites of the file receiver does not have sufficient measures to prevent leakage of Copyright that occur through their service.

"... The trial marks a milestone in the efforts of the GEMA-s to combat illegal use of musical works on the Internet," said CEO Harald Heker organization.

"GEMA will continue to do зfarë possible to protect its members from Internet piracy. We are sure that in this way we will be able to use ulim illegal repertorit of GEMA's Internet to a negligible level. "

This is going to hit alot of those DDLZ sites hard and rightfully so, karma really had it coming for them. I won't lie i've downloaded apps illegally but 100% of the ones i like i eventually bought and 100% of the ones i disliked i uninstalled.Music though? Rapidshare does'nt really have THAT much music on it compared to the amount of games and applications that are illegally hosted on it, if they're going to go after rapidshare for something they should go for something big.Also is it even rapishare's legal responsibility? Are they actually responsible for all the content that people host at their site? i mean it's fully automated there is no way they would know unless they were checking up on the system.

aw poor rapidshare if the sentenced will come true!why blaming rapidshare? if in my opinion rapidshare is not the only hosting file in the internet!this day copyrighted is a mass problem of company! like music and software :)but we are in the world of cyber net anything goes, anything will happen :D

Apparently, I heard that a majority of income Rapidshare gets are from people subscribing to their premium member service to be able to download large amounts of pirated material. It seems like their whole business model revolves around this, so if Rapidshare is legally ordered to remove all copyrighted material from their site (almost 99% of the file content), it is going to go bankrupt, because no files available for download from Rapidshare means no premium members and no subscription income.Technically, Rapidshare is already removing illegal material from their download site whenever the files are reported by the copyright holder, but do you think that Rapidshare should be forced to proactively seek out illegal material? I would say that it would be really hard to do since it would require a lot of employee labour to go through the millions of gigabytes of data stored on Rapidshare servers.