xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chrismiller3404

Being A Podiatrist

Is it really that bad to want to be? Most people look down on me and say 'Oh gross, you have a foot fetish or something!'In reality, I feel as though its something that can prove so interesting. When you are being a Podiatrist, a foot doctor, you get to preform surgery without taking a fellowship like doctors interested in Orthopedic Surgery do. I mean, it seems so much more rewarding, especially when you can help people with their problems.Without your feet, what can you do?! Walk on nubs? I don't think that is what most people wanna do. =B

Of course it's not "bad" to want to be a Podiatrist. Listen, if you've figured out what you want to do in your life, disregard everything anyone else says. Er, I hope you don't decide to become a mass murderer.One of the best thing that could happen to anyone is to realise what they want to do in life.So, I say, go ahead and do it!Oh and beware of smelly, moldy, wrinkled feet. With snails stuck between the toes.

Hi!@chrismiller3404You can be whoever you choose to be. A podiatrist is as good a health practitioner as an orthopediatrician or opthalmologist - they are equals, although neurologists tend to be more "equal" than the lot :-PThere are so many little bones in the feet and we put all of our weight on them so although a foot looks rather like an overgrown fat ear lobe, there's a lot more that can go wrong, even if it is as simple as a flat foot.Some people don't see themselves ever becoming podiatrists because they think about smelly feet. If you get your patients to wear the right kind of socks and shoes, it isn't something you have to worry about.-Nitin

I completely understand why people would look down upon Podiatry. Well not to say that you do have to look down to see their feet lol, but they're probably thinking "out of all the areas of health care why that?" If that's what you like go for it. I don't necessarily know the need for podiatrist but I'm sure they're in high demand from people who are in sports, geriatrics, diabetics, and other folks. I've told people I wanted to be a Obstetrician/ gynecologist and they say "you wanna look at womens vaginas?" People will have something to say about anything. Don't worry. hehe