xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Disk In The Form Of Usb's!

in all, slightly more users of old computers, remember well when used almost every disk (flopy). Some of us still use, but all those who have no problem accepting the reality, and who have no strong feeling nostalgia for the good disk and functional (even though that prisheshin to know just when we needed the most ), will recognize that the USB device is a better, more powerful and more functional than the disk, which means that no USB-is without flaws, far be it from me!. We present this case with 'flashin' the USB memory, which, for the moment, is only a conceptual device. But even if fillohej with its serial production, he would not dallohej many similar equipment of this type. But, despite the form of inappropriate, we like the fact that the mechanism, which protects the original disk magnetic part - here is functional; with, and in fact introduce kyзjen reveal the USB's. Charming, but unfortunately, not yet real

In addition to that the USB now can be used as a RAM in addition to actual RAM. Starting from Vista and in Windows 7 External USB drives or so called pen drives are now capable of being used as additional RAM. The total disk size will become a RAM substitute. Now with the large size uSB available you can have large ammount of RAM much easily withpout much problem.The use of USB as external drive is an old concept now and is being used as an installation drive as well. Installation of Small Linux and Windows Live is esily done as a secondary booting system and as a separate operating system.

Some of us still use

really? no fibbing now. why would you use a technology that's older than I am?

In addition to that the USB now can be used as a RAM in addition to actual RAm

that wouldn't be necessary if the operating system could address enough ram to fully function correctly... UNLIKE 32bit vista/win7
Edited by Time Warner Cable SUCKS (see edit history)

I think that we hanve to see to the future and stop seing the past. The floppy disks were a revolution in their time and actually they aren?t unuseful. In my country still work with floppy but quicly the USB pendrive is starting to delete the floppy disk from the map.The nostalgia is foolisnesh. The present are the USB Pendrives.In some years we will say: "RIP Floppy Disk"

I still use floppy disks from time to time to repair some old PC's I get at home. :) Also, yes I think external USB drives can also be used with ReadyBoost, your PC would have like 23G of RAM, that'd be epic. lol

@wendylady and @SpiderVV,Only USB flash drives can be used with Windows Vista's Readyboost, so if the 20GB USB hard disk drive, it would not work and the device would have been rejected by Windows Vista.Personally, I don't think one can substitute a USB flash drive for real RAM, which performs way better considering that it is designed for storing quick access memory instead of long term storage.