xisto Community
sofiaweb

Homosexuality Homosexuality - Yes or no?

Discrimination based on sexual orientation, the term i use for this type of prejudice is Oreintation, in the USA, gay marriages are "illegal." This is blatant oreintationism. i do not see any valid reason why homosexuals shouldn't be able to marry other members of their own gender. they should be entitled to equal marital benefits and laws as heterosexuals, so how can we if we arent allowed to get married? It makes no sense at all.I believe that part of the Anger toward homosexuality comes from the common assumption that it is their "lifestyle choice." But it was NOT my brothers choice to be a homosexual. I cannot control the sexual feelings that hes grown up with and neither can he still continue to have. Someone does not just "decide" to be gay. If someone states that he or she is gay, but is not attracted to members of their own gender, then him/her is not truly a homosexual. Voluntarily identifying with the gay sexual orienttion and realizing that you are sexually attracted to your own gender are two different things

they should be entitled to equal marital benefits and laws as heterosexuals, so how can we if we arent allowed to get married? It makes no sense at all.

Homosexuals already have the same marital rights as heterosexuals. Therefore it is pointless to seek to give them the rights they already have. Remember, not wanting to use a right is not the same as not having that right—this is something the homosexual community have trouble realizing.

But it was NOT my brothers choice to be a homosexual. I cannot control the sexual feelings that hes grown up with and neither can he still continue to have.

These two sentences are mutually exclusive. One states it is in his nature, the other states it was merely nurturing.

yes or no? Id have to go with yes. I have some gay friends and they are pretty cool. I really have no problem with that. I think people have a right to decide on their sexuality and thats all cool, just like dont go hitting me lol you know what i mean xD

Discrimination based on sexual orientation, the term i use for this type of prejudice is Oreintation, in the USA, gay marriages are "illegal." This is blatant oreintationism. i do not see any valid reason why homosexuals shouldn't be able to marry other members of their own gender. they should be entitled to equal marital benefits and laws as heterosexuals, so how can we if we arent allowed to get married? It makes no sense at all.I believe that part of the Anger toward homosexuality comes from the common assumption that it is their "lifestyle choice." But it was NOT my brothers choice to be a homosexual. I cannot control the sexual feelings that hes grown up with and neither can he still continue to have. Someone does not just "decide" to be gay. If someone states that he or she is gay, but is not attracted to members of their own gender, then him/her is not truly a homosexual. Voluntarily identifying with the gay sexual orienttion and realizing that you are sexually attracted to your own gender are two different things

In response to whether gays have the right to marry: Yes, they have the right to marry , but not legally. Gays are having their private ceremonies for themselves, but not legally. Some are legally married (in the eyes of the world--not God) only because our "world" allowed it before it was even voted on. Then it was voted on and our constitution was held up. Marriage, (from the beginning of time) was created (by God) between a man and a woman. The "world" is getting farther and farther from God and this is the outcome. I believe one day gays will have the same rights because the world is getting worse. The end times are here, but it is the obligation of believers in God to stand up and speak the truth (in love) not hatred. God calls it unnatural affections, sodomy, it was not so from the beginning. That is why we see so much more sin and disease running rapid in our world. You are not born this way. It is a lie from the pit of hell (satan) who comes to kill, steal, and destroy people. People need to wake up spiritually and take a stand against satan and his wicked divices and refuse to acccept this lie and pray. Parents, pray for your children. Rebuke the devour who wants to get in the mind of our children and utterly destoy them. God loves you all and is trying to speak to you. read his word and check it out for yourself. Read Romans 12. :)

Homosexuals already have the same marital rights as heterosexuals. Therefore it is pointless to seek to give them the rights they already have. Remember, not wanting to use a right is not the same as not having that right?this is something the homosexual community have trouble realizing.

They Cant use Marital Rights if they aren't LEGALLY married ( to my knowledge )

They Cant use Marital Rights if they aren't LEGALLY married ( to my knowledge )

Which means they have the same rights as heterosexuals, as heterosexuals aren't capable of gaining marital benefits if they were never married too. Which leads me to my other point: homosexuals aren't looking for equal rights, they're looking for more rights—the right to marry the same gender. They guise this desire under the mask of "equal rights." They have the right to marry the opposite gender, but they don't want to exercise it (obviously), then comes the fight for equal rights. None of these facts cause the homosexuals to lose rights, but apparently they're good at emotional rhetorics.

Which means they have the same rights as heterosexuals, as heterosexuals aren't capable of gaining marital benefits if they were never married too. Which leads me to my other point: homosexuals aren't looking for equal rights, they're looking for more rights?the right to marry the same gender. They guise this desire under the mask of "equal rights." They have the right to marry the opposite gender, but they don't want to exercise it (obviously), then comes the fight for equal rights. None of these facts cause the homosexuals to lose rights, but apparently they're good at emotional rhetorics.

In all states, they do not have the right to get married legally

I believe people can be "born gay". By this I mean that they are naturally attracted to members of the same sex because that is the way they were born. As a Christian, I believe that the bible condemns sexual acts with a member of the same sex. Keep in mind, it does not condemn them for being attracted to the same sex, that is something which the individual is not in control of. The bible condemns the physical, sexual acts between members of the same sex.

I hate when people are homophobic, it is not right. They are no better a man or woman than someone who is a homosexual and to treat them like the plague is ridiculous and hateful.

a cooking hard core gamer is a dangerous mix, you can get fat haha

I believe people can be "born gay". By this I mean that they are naturally attracted to members of the same sex because that is the way they were born. As a Christian, I believe that the bible condemns sexual acts with a member of the same sex. Keep in mind, it does not condemn them for being attracted to the same sex, that is something which the individual is not in control of. The bible condemns the physical, sexual acts between members of the same sex.

I hate when people are homophobic, it is not right. They are no better a man or woman than someone who is a homosexual and to treat them like the plague is ridiculous and hateful.

Im extremely homophobic, but i dont hate homosexuals, i just dont like touching guys... other than a handshake

Yeah the laws on gay marriage vary all across the world. Think it's legal in the Middle East? Absolutely no chance. I'm from the UK, it's legal here, and from what I've read it's illegal all across America (please correct me if I'm wrong!!) but I can't see the Bible Belt states ever legalising gay marriage. So the legality of gay marriage is inherently defined by where you are.

I don't people are born gay I think people decide to be gay, because thats what they are attracted to. There may be a plethora of reasons for being gay but there is nothing wrong with being gay. Some people choose to collect model trains but that shouldn't outlaw them from society.

So, they weren't born gay, they were just boar attracted to the same sex? Isn't that the same thing?

In all states, they do not have the right to get married legally

That's incorrect; as mentioned before, they have the right to legally marry the opposite gender in whichever state they choose. This is no different than the marital rights that heterosexuals have, which is why the fight for "equal rights" is deceiving. You seem to be limiting marriage in its entirety with marrying the same sex.

That's incorrect; as mentioned before, they have the right to legally marry the opposite gender in whichever state they choose. This is no different than the marital rights that heterosexuals have, which is why the fight for "equal rights" is deceiving. You seem to be limiting marriage in its entirety with marrying the same sex.

Not all states in the US allow gay marrige

first of all, that first response of your pisses me off. you are the one assuming that homosexuals have the same rights as non homosexuals. your statement is false false false. not only don't they have the same right where the law is concerned, they are discriminated against where the law should protect them and the laws aren't doing a very good job in protecting their rights. heck....i can take it further in stating that some laws have a hard time protecting non homosexuals. what pisses me off though aside from the ignorance is the platent disregard for the truth in what goes on in the united states which demeans and prohibits homosexuals leading the same productive lives as heterosexuals. there is no excuse for ignorance...

i didn't really understand your second resonse. the original message was coming from two different points of view.....with one point of view being an assumtion on his brothers behalf.

i read another comment of yours that stated that there is no evidense that people are born homosexual. i believed there was. in some cases....or at least evidense that supports it. even if there wasn't, why downplay homosexuality in all your posts? do you have something personal against them other that what is preached in some religions?

btw- funny....someone close to me talked to an apartment manager the other day and asked her why she didn't rent to her friend. the apartment manager stated she was a lezbian and wouldn't be acepted there. this was at a complex where it's hud/usda regulated by the federal government. now tell me gays have the same rights!!!!!

now if you want to talk about a subject objectively and with a little emotion and feeling, let's hear it....otherwise....these pointless argemnets of yours really get you nowhere. it also pisses me off because i had a lot of gay friends in the past who talked about their strugless and aceptance in society. your b.s. talk doesn't help them ONE BIT.

so if you want to talk about my type of friends the way you have been going on, expect to get a rise out of me in a personal nature....and just remember this last point....ignorance is no excuse

Homosexuals already have the same marital rights as heterosexuals. Therefore it is pointless to seek to give them the rights they already have. Remember, not wanting to use a right is not the same as not having that rightthis is something the homosexual community have trouble realizing.

These two sentences are mutually exclusive. One states it is in his nature, the other states it was merely nurturing.