xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Hurricane Season 09 half way

Here it is the middle of July and there has only been 1 Topical Depression in the Atlantic so far. Everyone had been predection a near averge season, so where are the storms? Well I will tell you.El Nino has come to pay a visit. When it is a El Nino year like now, you will find less hurricanes in the Atlantic and more in the Paific. this is because El Nino cools the waters in the Atlantic and warms the Paific. so you will see more in the way of storms there then you will in the Atlantic. On the other hand.During a El Nina year. it is backwards. you will see more storms in the Atlantic than in the Pac.But you will have years like 2008 which was a ENSO year. that is when your going between El nina and El Nino.

I am happy that it is an El Nino year, less danger by my house. Sadly that means more in the Pacific but I have not heard much about any hurricanes out that way so hopefully nothing too destructive. It has been raining quite a bit though with many thunderstorms still despite no hurricanes so I will not be surprised if things pick up before the year is out because we have not hit the busiest part yet.

well here it is Nov 16th 2009, that means just about 14 more days left in the Atlantic Hurricane Season. I had been looking back at some of the past threads on this season. We got off so very lucky here in the US this year. Unlike the Philippines with there Typhoons. But with El Nino that was respected. and from what I have seen it will be going back to a neutral year for next year 2010, which could be a normal to just above a normal hurricane season. Let's just hope that none will make landfall and cause any problems like in years past.