xisto Community
FruitRocks

Vista Won't Install Geforce 8400 Gs!

Okay I had to reinstall windows after removing Ubuntu 9.04 (great OS by the way, run it in vmware now). I go to the nvidia driver download page and download the driver for the Vista x32 bit. It says that it installed successfully, but there is NO AERO and it doesn't say it in "Welcome Center." Heres the weird part: I've gotten it to work just fine by just installing the driver. No problems, it was all plug n play until that happned. Its the Vista SP1 Home Premium "Academic Upgrade," with a GeForce 8400 GS 256 megabyte DDR2.Thanks for any help :(p.s. i've already tryed installing Vista twice now and it still hasn't worked ;(update: i've installled SP2 and it says that it found unkown hardware but then when i search for it, it fines my network adapter which is already oddly installed and working perfectly. wtf... we'll never get vista.....

I am not able to understand ur question properly .. R u trying to install GeForce 8400 GS on your system and u think its not installed properly ?first of all, Vista Home Premium is SUPPOSED to have AERO but u say there is no AERO. Guess its not a proper version of Windows Vista .. Are u Sure its a full and PROPER version of Windows Vista Home premium and you didn't download it ? :excl:You should consider changing the DVD , It might be corrupt or something. (No offence but Vista has always been crappy.)Secondly , different manufacturer's have different drivers for their Graphics card. Like I used to have this MSI 7600 GT and once I tried installing drivers from Nvidia . Everything worked fine but Some of the functionality of my Card was missing. It didn't show up the Card's name etc. in the hardware configuration. So , I think you should check the manufacturer's website for the drivers and not the Nvidia's site. Generally, from what I've seen, XFX cards accept Nvidia's drivers but ASUS and MSI release their own version for their cards.:(Kindly give us your Config also, in the next reply. That'll help us understand the problem properly ..btw. .. Ubuntu is anyday better than Windows Vista, I wonder why you removed it . I would love to have one of the Linux on my system but I don't have any space to install it and then my Games don't work on Linux .. :angel: ..

Got the same issue with GeForce 8400. I uninstalled my old video card drivers and installed 8400. The setup program says everything is installed properly and I EVEN restarted my computer and pressed F2 to change my CPU's option from "Integrated card" to "PCI slot". Although I plug it into my video card,nothing seems to work, it still reads my integrated card.

-reply by blkn3ko

Replying to (G)blkn3ko that happen me two I fixed it by turning off the integrated card in control panal- system-hardware-divice manager and in f2 setup turn off also.There is problem, I don't think the card is capable with areo on vista try classic view.The card works fine on xp-reply by alan

8400 cardVista Won't Install Geforce 8400 Gs!

My vista 32 did an upgrade in July of last year and my screen started getting glitches and blue screens of death saying to remove any new hardware or software...Well I couldn't remove my vista since HP doesn't list the drivers for my hardware. It turned out it was my 8400 card. I pulled it and it works fine now...Course I had to get another video card. Too bad the 8400/8600 Nvidia lawsuit was only for the notebook GPU.

-reply by dennis

NVIDIA 8400 GeFORCE problemVista Won't Install Geforce 8400 Gs!

Hi! I'm having problems with my video card. Before I can play all my games offline or online. Then one day I can't play my games anymore. Everytime I open the games it shows a message that "THIS GAME IS NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR NVIDIA GeFORCE 8400 or IS NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR VIDEO CARD" How can this be? I can play them before. I can still watch movies though, Could it be broken or corrupted? To think I just bought it like a month or so. Pls help me. Thanks!

-reply by redphoenix

Similar problem with 8400GSVista Won't Install Geforce 8400 Gs!

My under TV PC worked fine with Vasta Home premium tusing an Inno3D Geforce 8400GS card through to the TV via vga. Worked fine for more than a year until last Nov-ish (As I have two other on-line PCs have only just started to try and fix it). 

The PC boots and the boot info appears on TV screen as per usual so the cable and connections are fine, the microsft bar appears and does its ltlle thing and then the screen goes blank (blue) with a 'Not support' message. Well it did before!

The only thing that has changed has been the MS updates and possibly the drivers but don't know which ones have caused the problem! Tested PC on a Monitor with same cables and it works fine. Tried another PC (XP) and get same message.

If the TV wasn't working then why does it give the boot info? 

Not sure its Vista unless the updates for Vista and XP hsve csided the same problem.

So think its the Video card driver updates - what do you think?

-reply by sausage