xisto Community
AnimeExile

Anthlon Vs. Pentium Which is better U decide

Time see which of these Giants is most LOVED! Please choose.  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't underestimate in Intel. I don't think you know about the PentiumEE, this 32 bit kicked Athlon64FX butt. It was way too expensive, thats a different question.And don't tell Intel doesn't have any chance. Forgot what happened to GeForce6800 when Radeon X800 stepped in??? Intel has already registered the trademark for its 64bit dual core proc (Intel VIIV).You never know what's cooking in the foundry!!! ;)

If you want something for video editing then just close your eyes and go for the SSE3 processors. I'll tell you I have seen a Celeron D beat a Athlon 64 FX in video benchmarks.

pricewise, i would go for an Athlon.but for high-end graphics & video editing, nothing beats a good Pentium.on my older computers, (PII vs K3) the pentium was much faster, tho the gap now is pretty much closed now, IMO.

AMD is the BEST. It's easy to see that they are ... for example they have the only 64b CPU for desktop. Don't really know why Intel hasn't a 64b CPU for desktop computers but the important thing is that they don't have one.There is only one thing I don't like in AMD > the fact that they have released 2 different sockets 754 and 939 - every one of tyhem have there own CPU but when they released the 754 their said that it will have a short life. Well it seems they changed their minds since they've lunched a couple of new semprons for this platform. I really miss the days when there was only one platform Socket A ...

Long gone are the times where Pentium was better than Athlon.Last resort for Pentium fans was that Athlon is not as stable as Pentium,which they claim is rock solid.I have Athlon XP 1700+,overclocked to 2000+,and it works just perfectly for over 2 years. I am saving money to buy Athlon 64,as it is the future of computers in next few years. Some of my friends who have alredy bought Athlon 64,paired with Socket 939 motherboards are more than satisfied with it. Also,at most computing forums here in Serbia everyone is just talking about news about Athlon 64,new motherboards for it,overclocking of Athlon 64,and almost no one mentions Pentium processors anymore. I agree that price of Atlons has gone up lately,and cheap Semprons don't deliver as much as they should,but 64s rock the house.It's ironic that I am typing this on a Intel Celeron 1,7 GHz system at work,which is unbeliveably slow.

Long gone are the times where Pentium was better than Athlon.

Last resort for Pentium fans was that Athlon is not as stable as Pentium,which they claim is rock solid.

I have Athlon XP 1700+,overclocked to 2000+,and it works just perfectly for over 2 years. I am saving money to buy Athlon 64,as it is the future of computers in next few years. Some of my friends who have alredy bought Athlon 64,paired with Socket 939 motherboards are more than satisfied with it. Also,at most computing forums here in Serbia everyone is just talking about news about Athlon 64,new motherboards for it,overclocking of Athlon 64,and almost no one mentions Pentium processors anymore.

I agree that price of Atlons has gone up lately,and cheap Semprons don't deliver as much as they should,but 64s rock the house.

It's ironic that I am typing this on a Intel Celeron 1,7 GHz system at work,which is unbeliveably slow.

57118[/snapback]

One more thing was the argument that Athlon used to heat up and freeze. But now the tables have turned. Now Pentiums are the ones that heat up, power gulping monsters. Athlons are cool. :D . I mean temperature wise. :D

What's the point in 2 pc's.... thats lame now stop showing off and buy a athlon no matter what, amd rule 4eva same as nvidia :angry:Because my dad needs one for his buisness crap, and I need one for my gaming crap, so I'm giving him this one and I'm getting a new one...easy enough?So fair nearly everyone has said AMD so I think I will go on it, I'm not too familar with the processors, whats currently the best one out other then the 64's.And how much are they?

Oh, I think the polls say that everyone likes Athlon more than everyone has Athlon, doesn't it? But Athlon is a better choice now. One of my friends bought a Athlon64 and is very happy with it.