xisto Community
shadowx

Should The "make Money Online" Forum Be Closed/moderated Heavily?

What should be done with the MMO forum?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Make Money Online (MMO) forum is really annoying me, i mean we get all these one shot posters spamming their pathetic "Oo do this you'll be rich" crap all over the forums, the mods cant do anything about most of them because they dont break the rules but they just irritate us and clearly spout rubbish.I know a way to make money online, its called selling something!!Seriously, can we close down this silly little sub forum or have it on an approval only basis based on post count or on moderators approving the posts?We already have this silly little system on the internet forum, and for the life of me i cant work out why we have it there, its just irritating, i end up posting in other sub forums because of it, and yet we give the spammers and trash-spouts free reign over the MMO forum for what? Nothing!! They come here once then never again theres just no need for it! Some of the long term users do post in there, so lets just have it moderator approved and be done with it. Theres no other reason for it!! Its just so irritating!!Lets vote...

The Make Money Online (MMO) forum is really annoying me, i mean we get all these one shot posters spamming their pathetic "Oo do this you'll be rich" crap all over the forums, the mods cant do anything about most of them because they dont break the rules but they just irritate us and clearly spout rubbish.

A post of only a couple of words does break the rules (posts are generally supposed to be well written and of a length to add something). Any post with a referral link also breaks the rules. Some try to get around the rules by posting a link to a site or blog filled with referral links. If that is their only post then I tend to get rid of those too, because it is obvious they are spamming.

Anything you see that looks like spam, anything illegal or just anything you want us to take a look at - send a report, and we do our best to deal with them as soon as possible.

Seriously, can we close down this silly little sub forum or have it on an approval only basis based on post count or on moderators approving the posts?
Some of the long term users do post in there, so lets just have it moderator approved and be done with it. Theres no other reason for it!! Its just so irritating!!

Moderator approval and a post-count limit would both work, and I think they are both fairly easy to implement. However they both have their downsides. Moderator approval places a delay on legitimate posts, and a post-count limit could block new users who want to post something that isn't spam.

A post of only a couple of words does break the rules (posts are generally supposed to be well written and of a length to add something). Any post with a referral link also breaks the rules. Some try to get around the rules by posting a link to a site or blog filled with referral links. If that is their only post then I tend to get rid of those too, because it is obvious they are spamming.
Anything you see that looks like spam, anything illegal or just anything you want us to take a look at - send a report, and we do our best to deal with them as soon as possible.

Moderator approval and a post-count limit would both work, and I think they are both fairly easy to implement. However they both have their downsides. Moderator approval places a delay on legitimate posts, and a post-count limit could block new users who want to post something that isn't spam.

I do report all the posts i think are rubbish, which as you probably know, are quite a few :(

I see the problems with the moderation/post count system but i think the benefits are there, it stops the irritation and in the case of a post count system it saves time for the mods.

Even if the post count was at 5 it would severely limit the amount of rubbish posted in the MMO forum as the spammers would need to spam 5 times or more to get access, though i guess you could argue that it might increase spam on the forums i think most of them will just go somewhere else, especially if the error message doesnt display the post count required (EG not "Error, you need a post count of 5 to post here" but instead "Error, you do not have permission to post here") I think 99% of spammers would just leave at that point, the rest would need to use the shoutbox or another topic to ask why they cant post and that would then (i believe) draw them into the community where they would stay and contribute to the forums.

Some of those gpt sites do actually work, and some of those things do actually work, the things I have posted (few but still) do work, and I've made 100 some dollars in the course of a long time but still, I agree. A lot of them are kind of bogus, but I wouldn't really classify them as annoying. They really do annoy me once innawhile but honestly, a lot of them are the same, I wouldn't mind it being a lot more moderated, but even if it isn't, I think it is fine, a lot of those things people can just sift through in their head and obviously see which ones are scams.

Yes, it really annoys when we get to see spam again and again. I vote for the second option. Even though it would add a little burden to go through the posts and approve/delete, but I suppose its better than leaving the forum open and keeping an eye on each of the posts manually.IPB has a "Forum Subscription" Option, it would be nice to have "Forum Ignore" option to, where we as members can only view certain forums and disable the rest. Since this a very large forum, having this type of feature would help us to see only interestng things here, which we would love to read and post to.

Yes, it really annoys when we get to see spam again and again. I vote for the second option. Even though it would add a little burden to go through the posts and approve/delete, but I suppose its better than leaving the forum open and keeping an eye on each of the posts manually.
IPB has a "Forum Subscription" Option, it would be nice to have "Forum Ignore" option to, where we as members can only view certain forums and disable the rest. Since this a very large forum, having this type of feature would help us to see only interestng things here, which we would love to read and post to.

The forum ignore feature would be extremely useful....

Any chance mods?