xisto Community
anwiii

I Just Recieved An Email From Trap17 strange strange strange

not only is it an old and wrong address, it's asking me to validate my registration like i just signed up. here it is....

testing123,This email has been sent from http://forums.xisto.com/index.php.

You have received this email because this email address
was used during registration for our forums.
If you did not register at our forums, please disregard this
email. You do not need to unsubscribe or take any further action.

------------------------------------------------
Activation Instructions

Thank you for registering.
We require that you "validate" your registration to ensure that
the email address you entered was correct. This protects against
unwanted spam and malicious abuse.

To activate your account, simply click on the following link:

http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?act4d9d4819644efbf

(AOL Email users may need to copy and paste the link into your web
browser).

Not working?

If you could not validate your registration by clicking on the link, please
visit this page:

http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=05

It will ask you for a user id number, and your validation key. These are shown
below:

User ID: xxxxx

Validation Key: xxxxx77537717d0664d9d4819644efbf

Please copy and paste, or type those numbers into the corresponding fields in the form.

If you still cannot validate your account, it's possible that the account has been removed.
If this is the case, please contact an administrator to rectify the problem.

Thank you for registering and enjoy your stay!

Regards,

The Open Discussion team.
http://forums.xisto.com/index.php

ummmmm was there a reason for this??? i had even changed my Xisto email address a while back. i am having the same problem with xisto. i changed my address there too and it keeps getting sent to an account that will be deleted soon. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Email address changes need to be performed by the Support Staff using the Xisto - Support.com Ticket system. If you changed them yourself, it may be the issue. Submit a ticket to resolve the issue. Thanks.

support is ignoring me :(. i reported this issue over two week ago. again about 24 hours ago and i haven't receive a response. o well.

Email address changes need to be performed by the Support Staff using the Xisto - Support.com Ticket system. If you changed them yourself, it may be the issue. Submit a ticket to resolve the issue. Thanks.

i just recieved another email from support. support insists i use my old email account that was directly related to my old domain i used to have. they don't want me using my current domain email with them. i had successfully changed my trap email and my xisto email address to the same email adress directlty to my gmail account but something in the system still has the old address. i don't know why xisto is making it har for anyone to change their address and why they insist on a user keeping the same address forever. whenever i explain my situation to support, it's like they are reading it for the first time and insisting i keep my old email address. this is getting me stressed out here because i am tired of explaining that the old email address is outdated and i plan on deleting that account or just letting it recylcle as an unused account. i haven't used that account in over a year!

how many times o i need to ask support until they realize i am not switching back and need any emails sent to a correct address. i think this is why my mycents are adding up which i don't really care about that right now as long as it is still keeping track. it does seem to me though that they can impliment an easier way to change an email address so emails get sent to a new email account. i have NEVER had problems changing email accounts with any other co.

support is ignoring me :(. i reported this issue over two week ago. again about 24 hours ago and i haven't receive a response. o well.