xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

How To Customize Ff Status/toolbars More?

I'm using FF 3.0.11 and I'm wondering is there any way to customize the status and toolbars a bit more? I know you can right click on the tool bars to move buttons around but is there any way extension or built in way to move entire toolbar easily? It's just an appearance thing, but it bothers me because I have four or five toolbars and I wish I could put them in a less bulky looking layout.It'd be even better if I could I could put two or more toolbars side by side.. I have a RoboForm toolbar, that won't let me add any non-roboform icons to, so I can't just move icons to it individually, and it takes up an entire row despite being only about 4/10 of the row. Same with the StumbleUpon toolbar. They both leave half the toolbar empty and it seems like wasted space. I want to reclaim my browsing space, but keep the toolbar options!You see this kind of functionality in a lot of software, so I can't see why Firefox doesn't have more customizable toolbars?Second question is there any way to move the icons on the status bar around? They don't bother me TOO much, but for example I installed R.I.P and that icon goes visible/invisible depending on the page, and instead of just appearing, it moves every icon on the status bar over to make room every time. It's just a minor annoyance, but it'd be nice if there was a way to fix it. I don't want to remove the icon, just want to move it.Surely there must be some way to move these things around even if it's not as easy as just clicking and dragging?

As for moving the toolbars around more easily I don't it is possible or there isn't any that wouldn't require editing a lot of files and or making it possible with a browser. The best thing you could do for now is undock them from the browser and when you need them put them back up or another way you can change it is remove the icons or remove just the text to help you make appear smaller. You have to remember that Firefox doesn't design these toolbars and so you would have to bring it up to the people who design the tool bars and so again it is best to make the toolbars invisible until you need them.Only way to fix that if the programmers have set it up to adjust the icon's position, if it doesn't have that kind of programming your stuck.To answer your last question if it was just as easy but it isn't.