xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iworld200

Nokia N97

Today I saw the review of the latest release of nokia N-series, its called N97,Its been the nokias trend to come up with new ideas to suit the users requirement, however i feel there were certain features lagging in its previous versions.Here with the new version, I think all the features have been embedded into a single unit and is simply the perfect phone to use.Nokia appears to have a strong competitions on apple iphones, and with this new version, I feel, nokia is better than apple phones.the 1st thing which normally comes to light is the cost, nokias n-97 is having the price tag higher than apple iphones.is the price tag worth it? and do you feel n97 is worth compared to apple iphones 3G? I havent used n97 as yet but 1 day ill sure be using it.

Sure its specs are better... but will the interface think for you? The ease of use and stability of the iPhone is unparalleled. And as far as I know, you can't use the N97 to have lightsaber fights.

Iphone is just a brick with a touchscreen, a toy as you already kinda proved with your lightsaber comment. N97 is for someone who actually does something important with their phone.

Iphone is just a brick with a touchscreen, a toy as you already kinda proved with your lightsaber comment. N97 is for someone who actually does something important with their phone.

Actually yeah this is spot on. My job doesn't require me to be productive all the time, but one of my friends is interning at a consulting firm and he has both an iPhone and a Blackberry, because the Blackberry is better suited for getting stuff done and the iPhone is generally just for goofing off.

Sure its specs are better... but will the interface think for you? The ease of use and stability of the iPhone is unparalleled. And as far as I know, you can't use the N97 to have lightsaber fights.

exactly but to make it clear, no phone in this world have come up with such reasoning capabilities. only thing is we will have to get adjusted to the technology what we have.
regarding the n97, technology is great and we will have to accept it.

how to transfer mail setings from backup fail of n97 to some mail-clientNokia N97Hello guys,I have n97 with email set-ups on it. Unfortunately I forgot my password for the mail-server but I still can receive my emails on my n97 and I still can restore everything on n97 at any time because I had made a backup of it. My problem is that I wish to receive my emails on my pc with some mail- client (ms outlook p.E.) and without password it is not possible. If someone knows how to transfer mail setings from backup mail of n97 to some mail-client? thank you in advanceCheers-question by sean

Problems with NokiaNokia N97

I've had an N97 for about a month now and I would NOT recommend buying one if you want to use it like an iPhone, it's internal memory (not RAM) is very lacking in size compared to it's over inflated Mass storage at 32Gb. Nokia did not consider that an average user wants to load up a few good applications and use the phone often, browsing the net especially kills what little available internal space there is with temporary files, one is forever clearing the cache.

Choose wisely what apps you're going to be using, for example if you only occasionally need a map service DON'T bother installing Ovi maps update at 9Mb (forced onto internal), it's pointless and rarely works well, opt for Google maps, it's far smaller and can be installed to mass storage.

All in all I'd sadly hoped for better from Nokia with the supposed 'Flagship' model, instead I'd rate it a conservative 4/10. Nokia should have held back on this one, until all the many creases were ironed out.

-reply by N97 user

u better buy X-10 by Sony Eirecson (touch-screen) and top of all it has Android wtf a mini computer better than windows mobile.It costs 15,000 Indian Rupees for the one with mini screen ad about 30,000 INR for the screen which is bigand if u want economical u can buy Galaxy Spica by samsung about 14,000 INR (touch-screen)also android ......iphone suxzzzzzzzz