xisto Community
Unparallelogram

Hi, And Some Questions About Trap17

Hi guys,I'm new here today. I'm just a college student planning to go into computer science. So right now I'm trying to get some experience in web application development. I guess I have little bits of knowledge in various areas but my main worry is that there's nothing I know well enough to use in a job setting yet.I used to have a paid hosting account elsewhere that I used mostly for developing toy applications and learning programming skills. It was fun while it lasted, but I realized I didn't need all that host offered and was paying way too much for a site that only I and maybe a few friends at times ever visited. So now that account is cancelled and set to expire at the month's end, and I am off to find a new host.I'm kind of wondering what this place is like. I've asked around and heard a lot about sites that offer free hosting services to their forum members. I would be very interested in getting a smaller volume hosting package for mostly testing and development. I do have a few concerns though. I think I would need some services that have seemed a bit strange to some webhosts I've met in the past. For example, I have an interest in developing applications for Facebook, which communicates through making HTTP requests, both from them to your page and from your page to theirs. This requires, among other things, safe mode off and the allow_url_fopen directive. I was wondering if anyone could post the phpinfo() here.

Edited by Unparallelogram (see edit history)

Hi and welcome to the forums. Our smallest package has a variety of features to satisfy your needs so don't worry :( The smallest hosting package costs $1.95 (which you earn by posting here of course) while the package + a new domain costs $11.94 - that shouldn't take long if your're active here. It took me around five hours, spread over four days to get that much of virtual money. As for the phpinfo I can't give it to you, but you'll surely find someone who can, or for a faster reply, I suggest you ask this question in the appropriate forum. Have a nice time!

The MyCents requires 5 postings and a couple of hours time before they display.As for the phpinfo, check your PM box.

I'm also wondering, are we able to set our own php.ini files just for our own directory? It seems magic_quotes_gpc is on, which while it is definitely possible to work around, gets really annoying sometimes. Otherwise, the phpinfo() seems pretty sane and more or less what I'm looking for. Thanks again, guys.