xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Admuncher Great advertisement blocker.

I would like to recommend the software for blocking advertisements on web browsers called Ad Muncher. It is available at https://www.admuncher.com/. It is a very excellent lightweight piece of software and is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera (though FF requires a manual installation, whatever that means I haven't tested it on FF). It worked no problems at all for me right 'out of the box' so to speak. However, if there was a problem, it's easy to see that it'd be simple to fix with the highly customizable options. Have you ever had software that you would install immediately after a format or new PC purchase? This is one software I would not be without. It speeds up my web browsing a lot and claims to have saved me 806mb of bandwidth (!) since April 1. I'll admit I'm a bit skeptical that it saved me from downloading almost one gigabyte of advertisement banners, but that's what it says. It has a very plain gray typical windows user interface, but that's perfect. No need for a flashy appearance to use all a computers memory.It also has an IP Scrambler for safer and more private browsing, but I haven't used that option myself (unnecessary slow down for a dial up user) TIP: One not so obvious feature is you can use it to block non advertisement images that annoy you. For example, I prefer a minimalist look on most of the things I use. I sometimes set it to remove images such as banners on top of websites I frequent. It's easy to do with a simple right click, and it not only speeds up loading, it just makes information more readable without a bunch of images. I used that tip on an online TV channel program guide. Before AdMuncher, it was a bloated mess with flashy and animated advertisements everywhere. It made browsing the guide annoying. I would block almost every single image, the banners, the advertisements between every 10 channels, and the difference was amazing. It was like going from a free user to a registered ad-free user with a few simple clicks.Another example is the Bookmark/Digg/Twitter thing on this site and many others. I never use these features and the colour images distract me a little bit. I just right click and set it to block and the jobs done. The image is never to be seen again!AdMuncher: Highly Recommended! 5/5 Stars!