xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fractured.Logic

My Daughter Made The Front Page - - of the Mail Tribune

This very, very, very proud mother thinks this is extremely HOT news, so I have to share it with all of you!

Posted Image

[Edit] (click on the image to visit the news article, btw) [/Edit]

Part of the story behind the picture:

My mother is one of three trustees who took over the care and upkeep of Pottsville after my grandfather, Debbs Potts, passed away. She recently took my daughter over there, with her, while she and my step-father have continued preparations for the annual Early Day Gas Engine & Tractor Association show (Father's Day weekend, coming up). Imagine my delighted surprise when my mother called me earlier today and told me that "Pottsville's youngest volunteer made the front page!"

I promptly drove around and bought up every copy of the paper I could find!

Pottsville celebrated 50 official years, this year, and has a wonderful array of fascinating Oregon memoribilia. Mother is planning to launch the official site of Pottsville very soon, so feel free to message me if you would like me to keep you informed!

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Haha :( Thanks, Jim!:angel:I feel like I am literally glowing with pride for her. She's going to have something amazing to look back on when she gets older!

Congrats, its always good to see your children make it in the newspaper and go "OH YEAH THAT MY BABY IN THE FRONT PAGE." :(

yep one small step for popularity. one giant step towards celebrity!congrats! she knows how to drive the thing which makes things easier when its time to get her a driver license! (:()v

Congrats, its always good to see your children make it in the newspaper and go "OH YEAH THAT MY BABY IN THE FRONT PAGE." :(

Haha, yea. Especially when, in a small town like the one I live in, everyone knows who your daughter is... and adores your daughter, to boot. She already has her own fan club, as we like to call it! :angel:

yep one small step for popularity. one giant step towards celebrity!
congrats! she knows how to drive the thing which makes things easier when its time to get her a driver license! ( :excl: )v

:excl: the day my daughter hits the road as a legal-age driver! The funny thing is, my mother lets her sit on her lap when they are putting the golf cart around the grounds, and she can steer the thing in a (mostly) straight line already :excl:

lol lets hope it doesnt get to the point she will be driving it all by herself if it was going to the corner deli or supermarket. haha

That would be one extremely slow trip to the store! :(

As much of a tomboy and daredevil as she is though... I have many years of heart-in-throat left to experience! :excl: :angel:

Congratulations Fractured.Logic! You must be so proud!! :(

Congrats, its always good to see your children make it in the newspaper and go "OH YEAH THAT MY BABY IN THE FRONT PAGE." :angel:

If you ever have children in your future, you may have something to look forward to. Your children will certainly make the front page when the science community finds the cure for puppet-face.
Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Darn! The image is broken, so I can't see this "puppet-face" ... *snickerfit*

Galexcd :

Thanks! I am very proud of her. Pottsville is something that I greatly enjoy being a part of, and I hope that my daughter will also treasure it as she gets older and understands more about it. As things are, right now, it's one of the biggest "back yards" that a child could ever have, and she has almost-limitless free reign of it. My mother and I promised each other that, between the two of us (and with the help of a large and often-crazy family, and all of our friends), that she would have the opportunity to experience all the things we ever wished we could.

I'll bet you really are just busting with pride! Cute kid, and of course, I love seeing the old cars too. Glad you were able to get extra copies of the paper.

Congratulations! I suppose it suits her perfectly to be on the front page since she's rather photogenic. :( Cute.