xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Seo On Trap17 I finally got the #1 and #2 spot on google

2 1/2 years ago, i had a HUGE problem with dish network. I felt there was little i could really do except protect myself. well, aside from trying to protect myself from further pain with this company, i thought i would put my little knowledge to good use. i decided to post about my problem on Xisto. the link to that thread is...

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/53607-dish-network-scam-scam-scam-do-not-trust-them/

my vision was simple. i already knew google spiders this site regularly and if i put enough keywords, the right headings, etc... there would be no problem getting this thread up there in the search rankings.

what were the key words i wanted to focus on? there were two.... "dish network scam" and "dish network fraud". at first, i didn't see any fast results on the first few pages. i knew i had to have time and patience when sometimes i have none. buffallo help right here on Xisto, pinned my topicso my topic would show on top no matter how many threads there are. this helped my topic become more visable. from there, i continued to express my weekly and monthly problems with dish network.

over time, i soon found my topic on the first page of google for both key words. this was about 6 months ater i originally started my mission. 6 months after that, i was in about 4-5 position and 2-3-4 position for both keywords.

i checked the position weekly even though i rarely post in the thread anymore. i wanted that #1 and #2 spot for BOTH key words. now, i finnaly got it! i have the #1 and the #2 spot for "dish network scam" and i have the #1 and #2 spot for "dish network fraud". i say, "I HAVE", but with the help of Xisto and buffalo help. i couldn't have accomplished unless i created my own website and blog.

normally, i wouldn't get so excited, but my experience was miserable. also, the key words are GREAT keywords where it's harder to get to that #1 spot.

anyway, check it out. again, the link to the thread is.....

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/53607-dish-network-scam-scam-scam-do-not-trust-them/

and google both keywords, "dish network scam" and "dish network fraud". Xisto now owns both of those keywords. 2 #1 spots and 2 #2 spots :(

yeeeeha! i just wanted to show how simple seo can prove itself over time with a little patience.

Hi!Congrats! Getting to spot #1 for both search terms is quite an accomplishment.The forum thread that you've posted does seem quite interesting to me, mostly because the words "dish network - fraud or scam" appear so many times on the page, often in large font, and Google still hasn't filtered out the page from it's search engine. I would've expected a 'penalty' for the same word appearing so many times on the page, but I guess you managed it anyway. Perhaps the absence of out-bound links from the page (the links are redirections through Xisto) help in some way?Regards,Nitin Reddy