xisto Community
BCD

Preventing Self Ip Trace In Awstats Logs

How can I prevent logging of my own IP on my website's awstats log? The problem is, my internet connection has a dynamic IP address, so there are bunch of my own IP's showing in the log. Although, they start with the same number, I can't actually ignore all of them as mines. Even though some of them start with a number same as mines, they actually are coming from 1000's of Km away from my city. I checked those on ip2location.So, is it possible to have a feature in Awstats, where the IP logged in each time in Cpanel (that is my IP) is ignored in Awstats? I basically don''t want to see my bandwidth, hits, browser, OS data in the logs.I just now signed up for Google Analytics. I am waiting for the bots to visit it and collect the data. The problem is, I have many static pages, so entering the javascript code in each page is a herculean task. Moreover its difficult to manage, which pages have the code and which of them doesn't.Is there any better solution or script than Awstats?

There are programs that do this, like for example Hide Ip, they cost money to buy but you can try them or you can get them cracked, Just google it i cant really help you in this but its easy its one of the best ways to do it. That is if you want to hide your ip, but be careful if your through a router your mac address will still be the same unless you get a program to change that too.But thats about it im not sure you can do that, this is just to change your ip address and make it random but i think its completely the opposite of what your trying to do.

Edited by Veradesigns (see edit history)

Actually I don't need any programs to make myself anonymous on my own website. If I use those it will make my job of identifying my own hits even more difficult. The point is not hiding but knowing my sites stats better.

Edited by BCD (see edit history)

Concerning your question, sorry, i do not know but i have other things to say anyway.Awstats is a good script to provide detailed logs of who visits your web site, but, it is not an accurate script, i can assure you of that, there are still some logs Awstats does not give you the accurate stats, and that is why i prefer to use google analytics.If you use both in your web site, you will notice that google analytics gives a more realistic stats of who and how much visitors visited your web site, and i say realistic because Awstats gives exaggerating stats of how much visitors your web site had, trust me, the difference is not huge, but it is a significant difference, besides, google analytics has ROI tools, Awstats does not have ROI, has useful, professional and detailed stats/logs but, some of their data from logs are wrong in numbers.With google analytics ROI tools, which are free by the way as it is the entire google analytics service, you can make campaigns to help you achieve your goals, for instance your goals concerning how much visitors you want your web site or certain web pages of your web site to have, and which countries you want more visitors of, et cetera, those are ROI campaigns, which are extremely useful to increase the number of visitors your web site web pages has in a specific time frame.Just go register in google analytics, or use your unique google account which can be used to access all google free services, it works like the yahoo free services too, google has copy that strategy from yahoo if i am not mistaken.After you register at google service google analytics, then provide ad a web site, insert your web site URL, then copy and paste the given code, which is a very small piece of code, then copy on your web site front page if you have a web site working with frames, which you should because it is more professional.If you use a blog system like i do, i use wordpress blog, you can use a free plug in named google analyticator (i can not recall the exact name but i think that is it), then paste the code on the plug in area and it will insert the code in all your blog web pages, which is much more useful and professional because you can view real and useful stats.If you have a custom web site, not a wordpress blog, you use frames if you want to catch up all your visitors data, if you do not use frames in your web site, you will need to insert the given google analytics code for your web site in all your web site pages, at least in the web site pages you think it is more important to do so, you decide that of course.

... Awstats gives exaggerating stats of how much visitors your web site had ...

Yes, you are right, Awstats gives exaggerating stats. So much of difference, that at first I doubted on analytics if its doing its job or not.
As for the code, I am now using a simple PHP include to put the analytics code on all pages of the website.