xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Password Encrypt Your Files And Folders!, How To Password Encrypt Your Files.

Hello, This is my tutorial on how to protect your Files and Folders!

Even though your computer maybe really well protected against attacks over the net, Windows can never be protected enough.

Several persons may have access to your computer and even your files.

If you want to protect your important or secret files against curious people, you can now do so with some mouse clicks.

EncryptOnClick uses a kind of "military grade encryption" , as big as 256 bit. Files can only be read/watched by someone that knows the password.

The Encryption is very effective, so computers today or in the near future won't have a chance of cracking it.

Of same reason, It's really important that you remember your password, and if you first forget your password, The data will be forever hidden.

First thing you want to do is download the software below (This is free ware) - Just click the link...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ok so when you open up the program you should come to this screen:

As you can see you can Decrypt files and folders but this is about encrypting them so select the file or folder icon.

Posted Image

Then, select which file or folder you want. In my case it's a folder named "Example".

Posted Image

On the next step it will ask you for the password you wish to use to access that folder (Make sure only you know it and you can remember it)

Posted Image

After entering your password, Your folder will show up like this; and can only be opened if you enter the password. (Same thing with files.)

Posted Image

Please make sure you remember the password!

I hope this guide/tutorial was helpful I think it is the best one I have made so far :XD:

- Ash :lol:

This may be the best one you made so far, but its better than many other's out there! Nice work!I've been talking to computer experts and they said to password encrypt your files, which is better protection than Anti-Virus program's, but I could never know how. Now that I have found this program I can get encrypting and know that my files are protected.Thanks!

I do not use that program, i prefer to use truecrypt and axcrypt, they both have the most strong encryption available today in this types of programs, i use axcrypt to encrypt files and wipe files too, i use truecrypt to encrypt files, but mostly to encrypt entire drives, and also to create extra drives, all encrypted of course, and you can should to encrypt files and drives with the most popular encryption algorithms, i find AES to be the most secure one even though it is a 256 bit encryption, there are encryption algorithms with much more bits then that like the serpent algorithm, but that's just one.Both axcrypt and truecrypt programs are freeware, you can find each one with the help of Google search engine, i recommend you all to use those 2 programs, they are really one of a kind in this matter.

1 Quick questionSay you send this file to someone, will they still need the password to open it?If so this would be easier then building a login system directly in to the program, bu if you want to customize the login screen you can't lolSo can you?

This may be the best one you made so far, but its better than many other's out there! Nice work!
I've been talking to computer experts and they said to password encrypt your files, which is better protection than Anti-Virus program's, but I could never know how. Now that I have found this program I can get encrypting and know that my files are protected.

Thanks!

Thank-You harrison I am glad you like my tutorials I will be sure to make some more and PM you them :lol:. I am also very happy I helped a member out :XD:.

I do not use that program, i prefer to use truecrypt and axcrypt, they both have the most strong encryption available today in this types of programs, i use axcrypt to encrypt files and wipe files too, i use truecrypt to encrypt files, but mostly to encrypt entire drives, and also to create extra drives, all encrypted of course, and you can should to encrypt files and drives with the most popular encryption algorithms, i find AES to be the most secure one even though it is a 256 bit encryption, there are encryption algorithms with much more bits then that like the serpent algorithm, but that's just one.
Both axcrypt and truecrypt programs are freeware, you can find each one with the help of Google search engine, i recommend you all to use those 2 programs, they are really one of a kind in this matter.

There are also them however I find EncryptonClick is more easy to use than others like yours.

1 Quick questionSay you send this file to someone, will they still need the password to open it?
If so this would be easier then building a login system directly in to the program, bu if you want to customize the login screen you can't lol
So can you?

Yes they will need the password to open it. Lol nice idea XD.

not working?Password Encrypt Your Files And Folders!, How To Password Encrypt Your Files.

ive made an example folder right.

I open this program; underneath 'encrypt' I select folder and I click on my 'example' folder. Once I do this, I make a password and click ok. It just goes back to the main menu but once I close it down and go back into that example folder its just like any other folder? no password?

somebody please help?

Please make sure you check your settings of it and follow my screen shots exactly maybe try putting a couple of files in. Then let me know how you get on.

Can you double and triple encrypt files so that it's really hard to decode them? Like EncryptonClick-->truecrypt-->axcrypt? Could that cause the files to corrupt or something else similar?

Ok I downloaded it fine and it locks only the file in the folder. My problem is that when I unlock the encrypted file after I close it, it dosent become encrypted again so I have to do it manually every time. Any idea if I can make it automaatically lock when I close the file?