xisto Community
Jeune

What's Your Software Developer Profile? In search of the ultimate developer??

I am more inclined towards web apps I know my around: 1. HTML2. CSS4. Javascript3. Java and Java Web development (Servlets and JSP).and have some exposure to: 1. PHP 2. XMLOf course a working knowledge of a database system is important. I took a basic course in: 1. MY SQLI am interested to know what how other developers' arsenal here at Trap 17 look like whether one's into making desktop programs, mobile or web applications.I've always wondered about what profile will marketable in the next 5 or 10 years. Any thoughts on this people?

Well, I am not familiar with Java and Java web development but I mostly understand the other programming languages, such as php and javascript. I think that the other 5 or ten years the other languages that can be marketable can be those that create browser-based games, or desktop software related.

Hi!I'm primarily an ASP.NET developer, though recently I've decided to go with PHP instead. I've done some very basic JSP development in the past, but nothing of much significance. I've spent some time with MS SQL Server and Oracle, and do some simple stuff with MySQL.Having developed some stuff with Java Swing & AWT, and with Microsoft .NET, I now find web development to be much simpler as the browser takes care of the layout after I create the markup.Regards

I am still learning PHP and MySQL.I am a gifted HTML developer and can come up with some quick hacks, if i put my mind to it.This year my goals is to be able to code using PHP and MySQL and join the many Open Source Projects now rampant on the net these days!I have set my sights on simpemachines.org!

@africaHi!I couldn't help notice that you were hoping on working with Simple Machines. Are you planning to switch from phpBB to the Simple Machines Forum?If you're looking for an open-source project to join, SourceForge.net is the place to be. You ought to pick something related to what you do at work because you're more likely to abandon your project if you don't.Regards

I'm primarily an ASP.NET developer, though recently I've decided to go with PHP instead.

Why the switch?

Before I was also mulling over minoring in PHP but specializing in Java. But then I I think I've got web development covered pretty well in Java and I want to spend my time learning something better (my opinion) like Python.

I write embedded software for low level hardware, so my main languages are c, c++ and asm. I also code in VHDL, although that's no longer "software" really.Secondaries are python, java and matlab. :)