xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Influenza A H1n1: First Case In Honduras!

22/05/2009

The virus Influenza A H1N1 has arrived to Honduras the unique country which was free of this moster.

Monica Aguilar, 7 years old, was the first infected citizen. By fortune she is fine...Because she was treated in a TOP SECRET hospital in the United States where the Honduran Goverment send to the girl...

She lives with her parents and 10 brothers and sisters. Rarely she was the unique infected...The autorithies had said that the girl had contact with Mexican citizens in her scholl...

This is the unique epidemiologyc conection between Monica and Influenza...

I?m a little scared I thougth the Influenza has finished...

But the pandemy is not finished, yet...

It seems like many people are overreacting to this. Reminds me of SARS an the bird flu. Sure it's bad that it is making tons of people sick and killing some, but it will eventually die out or a vaccine will be made. It really amazes me how paranoid people are...a local drug store was all out of protective masks.

I blame this whole media over-reacting thing on joe biden. If it wasn't for the vice president of the United States of America, I think we may be able to actually have gotten through this without so much panic over some little flu that can't kill you unless your immune system is really weak.

it's not the whole media over-acting, hundreds died at mexico. do you want that to happen in your land too? remember the SARS and hong kong where the chinese government tried to contain the "media"..

"Hundreds died in Mexico" because they have a terrible healthcare system. Have you every tried to get treatment in Mexico for a medical condition? It is nearly impossible. Add to that the fact that most families can't afford medicine to treat these conditions.

yes and most countries DONT have good healthcare..also in the city i live were just few hours away from areas without electricity and still infested by rebels.. :lol: so think we have a good healthcare here?

I agree with you disturbed, Mexico is totally fallen apart, I mean honestly, their health care system is poop, US, before we had any serious cases on the other hand, was already looking for a vaccine, and for that I thank the government. I like how in this case, they stepped in before anything happened, we all didn't know what was going to happen, the last serious outbreak was so long ago, but even if it was 10 years ago, the medical advancements have changed soo much since even then! But really, I would feel more safe at night if they had more cures for STDs and such (more for my kid's and future kid's sake) and even cancer for everyone else's sake. I mean these things have been under development for a long time, and would rather see more money thrown at that then at the swine flu, but hey thats just my opinion

I agree with you. I think that looking for a cure for AIDS or cancer would be a better use of time then dealing with the swine flu. Sure it would be nice to have the vaccination for swine flu, but more people die from cancer then swine flu, and that's getting thrown under a rug right now because of the sudden outbreak.

I think everyone threw everything under the rug just for the H1N1 influenza, I mean during those two weeks where it was the worst, I wouldn't see too much about how bad our economy is, which really, isn't all that bad if you think about it, the worst part of our economy is the big three automakers needing to be bailed out, and stocks plumiting doesn't really effect anybody because if you think about it, most stocks will climb right back up, one being GE stocks, sure some little time businesses that have stocks are getting smacked, but then again I'm getting a little off topic.If we were to throw more money at AIDs and cancer, over swine flu vaccine, I think it would go to more of a cause because 1. More people are infected with HIV or have cancer, 2. We have already thrown millions of dollars at it, and why would we put that all that to waste? We must finish what we have started, which is the same way I feel about us being in Iraq (even though I don't believe we are there for the right reasons).

I think most of you in America are wrong...it?s understable because you are afraid with the Influenza, too. I think there is not overreacting...In USA did have dead people and their health system is one of the best in the world.You must be careful, what do you think that the sick people thougth before get sick?....The same that you are thinking: That Influenza is only a lie, only the weaks get sick, and other like that...Be careful or the Influenza A H1N1 will surprise you...

I think most of you in America are wrong...it´s understable because you are afraid with the Influenza, too.

No I'm not. People who are afraid of it wear masks in public and sterilize their hands every 5 minutes.

I think there is not overreacting...In USA did have dead people and their health system is one of the best in the world.

Yes we did. As far as I know, about 10 people died in the USA, which is less than the yearly amount of deaths of measles. In fact, in the first half of 2008, there were 131 cases of measles reported in the US. http://www.cdc.gov/Features/MeaslesUpdate/

You must be careful, what do you think that the sick people thougth before get sick?....The same that you are thinking: That Influenza is only a lie, only the weaks get sick, and other like that...

Maybe they did...but they must have been directly exposed to it, traveling to Mexico or be in direct contact with somebody who did, in order to get a strong enough virus to kill them.

Be careful or the Influenza A H1N1 will surprise you...

The H1N1 will not surprise me. Really the only thing that is surprising me is people overreacting to it. The only thing that I can see that will cause harm from the H1N1 is the mutations of the virus, which when they emerge, can be dangerous and might be immune to drugs.

This is truly sad. People are dying each day from flus other than influenza, but some guys are like "oh its only 12 people", or "oh its only 3000 people." The truth is, if you actually got to know whose 12 people, or those 3000 people, you wouldn't be saying, "oh its only this many." Each person on this world is unique, if they were your friends you would care more. But really, they are people like you and me, who go through things in life, although they will never live as nearly as old as you. Im not talking to repliers in this thread directly, but please, consider of the numbers and who you're talking about.

I agree the it is very unfortunate that these people died, and I don't think that they should have died. But this flu is relatively mild compared to tons of other diseases that aren't reported on the news. The liberal media tends to exaggerate these stories to make them much worse than they really are (I don't mean to go out on a tangent, but a lot of the media is pointing this "financial meltdown" on the Bush administration when in the >200 days Obama has been in office he has spent more money than all the other Presidents COMBINED. Now do you hear that every day on the news?).

The Influenza have killed more than 100 people in my country that is a powerful number because in Honduras world pandemies never attacks.In USA the spend-money-quicly president Obama is a crisis friend he won the election with the crisis like his first allied and the racism in the other hand, because actually the black people is more racist than white.But that doesn?t care now.

Oh hell yeah, I agree about what you say about Obama. He has spent more money in his 150 days as president than all other presidents combined. Somewhat true about the racism thing, as sometimes white people are descriminated against so that other races can't "play the race card".