xisto Community
freenrg

Outsourcing Website Design, Implementation, Maintenance To India (or Other Countries With Similar Wages) I need information on good outsourced services

Hi, My business model requires outsourcing of some IT and design tasks. At this point I have identified the following skills as necessary:- CSS based website design- Joomla administration- PHP for tweaking/improving on JoomlaOther possible skills:- Online game design and implementation (For children, carton-like educational games).I will post more as I identify them.Do you know where I could find people with these skills?(or are you good at any of these?)

I have heard tales of mixed results when outsourcing web design abroad. Plenty of people have been happy with the results, whereas others have had problems or been very unsatisfied with what they got for their money. Like anything on the Internet, check it out first and be sure you're happy with what they're offering and that they will deliver. Get examples of past work, independent reviews of the company and look over them in detail before parting with any cash.Alternatively check out the link in my sig for my website. I have dabbled with Joomla in the past, but not recently, however.

yes outsourcing your projects here can cut the cost a lot and I can help you with it! I have a number of buddies here who can do the job.but like rvalkass says you have to be extra extra careful with those..Anyway I can do CSS and joomla.. im not a big fan of joomla so i never looked into it that much..

I have experienced (and is still using them) in the first three, css layout, joomla administration and tweaking. But I can't create game to save myself.

OK, kleong,Can you send me a PM with additional information on your work?
Thanks!

I have heard tales of mixed results when outsourcing web design abroad. Plenty of people have been happy with the results, whereas others have had problems or been very unsatisfied with what they got for their money. Like anything on the Internet, check it out first and be sure you're happy with what they're offering and that they will deliver. Get examples of past work, independent reviews of the company and look over them in detail before parting with any cash.
Alternatively check out the link in my sig for my website. I have dabbled with Joomla in the past, but not recently, however.

Thanks for the advice rvalkass. I am sure that is the case. That is why I am asking for advice here.
Independent reviews of the company are most important, but I am not sure of how to obtain those.

I have checked your website. Impressive photoshop work!!!
You live in the UK and you have to pay UK utility bills, like me :lol:, I suspect you will not be the cheapest one around...(correct me if I am wrong)

yes outsourcing your projects here can cut the cost a lot and I can help you with it! I have a number of buddies here who can do the job.but like rvalkass says you have to be extra extra careful with those..
Anyway I can do CSS and joomla.. im not a big fan of joomla so i never looked into it that much..

Thank you frozen fish,
I will need somebody who knows Joomla well.
PHP is important too, as all Joomla extensions are based on PHP (and CSS), as is Joomla itself.

By the way, I am interested in knowing why you are not a fan of Joomla. Is it just boring to you or do you think there is some problem with it?

Folks

I found this company that says they do Flash game development of the kind I need:

Gateway TechnoLabs Pvt. Ltd

Flash Game Development Company Overview

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way related to this company or interested in promoting it

I am looking for companies or individuals that offer a similar service.

I will try to find 4-6 to compare and choose the best option.

Do you know the company above? (Gateway TechnoLabs Pvt. Ltd)

Do you know any company that offers similar services?

Can you do the same job?

Come on people, there must be someone around here that knows something about this. This place is full of people interested in game development and gamers. :lol:

Not to be glib or funny, but social media sites, such as facebook and linkd in are great tools for what you are discussing. Once you sign up, search for the specific keywords and traits that you need and you will find a list of people fitting of that description. I also recommend the use of college students. They generally take lower wages, especially when the project is interesting. Or even better, you can teach high schoolers. this may seem a stretch, but high school is the time when their minds are most malleable. This way you are sure of their skill sets and giving back to the community.

Hi, My business model requires outsourcing of some IT and design tasks. At this point I have identified the following skills as necessary:

- CSS based website design
- Joomla administration
- PHP for tweaking/improving on Joomla

Other possible skills:
- Online game design and implementation (For children, carton-like educational games).

I will post more as I identify them.

Do you know where I could find people with these skills?
(or are you good at any of these?)