xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kleong

Epl, The Relegation Battle

A switch from the normal top of the table and champion talk, how about a discussion on the relegation battle. With 2 games more to go, the fight for survival is still very on.At the bottom, we have West Brom, Middlesbrough and Newcastle on 31 points. And above them, we have Sunderland and Hull City on 36 and 34 points respectively. Newcastle and Middlesbrough will do battle on monday night, with the loser, almost guaranteed to ply its trade in the 2nd tier.On the dangerous position, we have Hull City. They started the season in a flurry and at one stage, they are third in the table. However, their bubble burst and have since sucked in the relegation battle.So now, what is your prediction for the team that will get relegated. Mine would be Newcastle, Middlesbrough and West Brom, the way they are now in.

I'd say Newcastle, Middlesboro and West brom too.It'll be really shocking to see Newcastle go down.How the mighty have fallen.I don't really feel too comfortable about my Wanderers either.All we really need is one point from the last three matches to guarantee safety, and that's hardly being a formidable team though.We're a long way off from regaining the form that got us intoEurope and I don't think we can do it again with our current manager.Hopefully we are better next season.

After the Magpies won their match against Boro, they climbed above Hull City on goal difference. Agree that Newcastle is too big a club to get relegated but that was what they said about Leeds years ago. What happened to Leeds, everyone should know. As for Bolton, they are safe, I should said. Big Sam leaving the club, that was the worst transfer dealing to have happened to the club. It is amazing how he turn the club into a tough-to-beat one on such shoe-string budget. It is always a tough act to follow, whoever the manager might be.

Big Sam couldn't get things done at Newcastle though, after he left the Wanderers.Maybe there are more ingrained problems there than areopenly visible,i.e with ownership.I hear if Newcastle are relegated they will become another Leeds sincethey are heavily in debt.Apparently the guy who owns them now only bought them for the reason ofreselling them for profit,and he has really messed things up.We'll also see how good Big Sam really is by how he does at Blackburn.

He can't do much with Newcastle as the magpies is "not" his team. He inherited them. Given more time, I am sure he could turn them into a force albeit a more boring one. As for newcastle, should they get relegated (they look increasing like they will), expect a mass exodus of players. Can't imagine the like of owen, martins, viduka plying their trade at the 2nd tier of the league.

Ok, it is confirmed. Newcastle and Middlesbrough are relegated. When was the last time, you see all relegation candidates losing their final match of the season. If I am allow to do so, I would send them all down.