xisto Community
Len

Custom Site Search Tool In Google Search Results

Today when I was searching some photography related website I found something interesting. A custom site search box appearing in Google search results. See the image below to see what I mean. I don't know if this feature has been there before.

Posted Image

This can be handy useful tool when searching for something on large websites whose built-in search scripts are not efficient to smash accurate results. This would save time entering the site:sitename in the search box. But the thing is that, it doesn't show up for most of the websites. And the probability of its appearance depends on the how similar are the keywords with the website name. For example, when we enter pbase the search box shows up, but when you enter base p, the custom search box doesn't show up although the website shows up in the first position.

Then I tried Xisto, unfortunately it doesn't show up. Are we required to add any codes onto the website to show up the custom search tool?

yes I tried my self. Nice thing by Google. Well I think webpages are becoming larger and larger so some kind of intra search from search results is a great tool. I know you can pay for some kind of intra search engine of your own site.