xisto Community
karl77

Hard Drive Lock Problem ?

A couple of weeks ago one of my friends downloaded and installed a key logger program from the internet and now I can't even get a command promt.It seems to be locked out entirely. Is there a way to regain controle of the machine. it happens to have removable hard drive racks,and the hard drive that is locked is win2k.the one he's using now is linux,which is still pretty much a learning curve for him.

I couldn't understand your problem completely .. Supposedly your friend installed some prog that you thought were a key logger but it wasn't and it locked your machine ?or I presume he got hold of your password and changed it ? and Now you are locked out of your own machine :PHard-drive lock is completely different from key logger. It has no relation to key logging. I didn't understand the hard-drive rack part completely .. but I think you want to get back/ hack your own machine without the password and the OS is win 2k ?Is he using Linux on the same machine ? I mean was your machine a dual boot ?and Please clear your question so that I can comment further .. Oh .. btw.. Please attach a screenshot if you can where you are getting stuck ( password prompt screen)

I'm using vista starter on my dual core laptop.. Last night, I want 2 change it to windows 7,but there're some corruption during installation.. When I restart my laptop my another partition drive was gone... I so confused. I try to format again with vista, but the drive still gone... Help me... Please...

Hard disk lock problemHard Drive Lock Problem ?

Hi,I have a LG note book and the model is A1.And that was Hard disk locked for safety reason.But some days ago one of my friend tried to open my note book with wrong password,but he failed.Then I tried to open it by using the right password.But it is not opening and said that the right password is wrong.And I cannt open the pc yet.I have tried to re install the windows xp.But I failed.Now if you have any suggestion then please let me know how to open the note book.

thank you

enu

cannot re-format hardrive from vista to windows xpHard Drive Lock Problem ?

hi,

I cannot seem to format my hardrive with windows xp from windows vista home 

all checks complete and when it says ``windows begin installing``   I get a blue screen of death

-reply by Trevor

Seagate - Free Agent External DriveHard Drive Lock Problem ?

Dear Sir:

Can you tell me if there is a way to lock down an External Hard Drive if it's going to be transported from home to work?

Richard

-question by Richard Millet

BitLocker volumes cannot be locked without system shutdownHard Drive Lock Problem ?

BitLocker does not allow users to secure a drive without shutting down the computer.  This is an extreme security violation.

Microsoft recommends all users cease using BitLocker, and will not stand behind BitLocker as a security measure.

Microsoft confirms that this was reported during development but the staff did not feel security was a concern Microsoft should be bothered with.

Everyone has been warned.

-reply by Microsoft Security Alert

Hdd lock problemHard Drive Lock Problem ?

While installing a new OS in my acer aod250  the hdd got locked with a password I didn't set.

Now I cant access hdd or even clean that password, I have to pay some "Experts" to have the password cleaned or kiss my hdd goodbye. I can aford to pay for a password cleaning but what if it happens again and again?  Should I pay again and again? Why the hell a hdd needs a password if "somebody" still can overcome it? If your notebook is stolen and the thief believes the data in it is worth he will pay some "Expert" and put hands on your data. Even a piece of disk can be read. It would be more sensible if you forget your password you loose your data(get the backup) but NOT loose your hdd.  Most average users buy another hdd, very profitable to hdd factories. My hdd is a western digital WD2500BEVT and I cant get the factory password . What shoul I do? Pay to "Experts" and risk it happen again ,  or Buy a new hdd and risk it happens again?  Does anyone can help me?

Thank you!

Hemund

-reply by hemund

external Harddisk is locked by Bitlocker in win 7 and unable to unlockHard Drive Lock Problem ?

hiiiiiiiiI am using dell inspiron 1525 and dual os one is win 7 and other is ubuntu 9.10. I lock the seagate 1TB external Harddisk by using bitloacker.I save the "usrkey" in a flash drive.Accidently some one format the flash drive.But I succeed to fine the "48-digit" recovery key.There is no such option to ask password when I connect HD.When I use recovery key to get back data it take lot of time ans system hangs.My all important data in my HD.Please tell me how can I get my data back and use the HD.Thanks in Advance

-reply by Ronald